Sixty two

•so you all know this is where erizona like low-key begins but doesn't fully begin yet, it sets up some major plot points anyway☺️have fun•

—————————————————

"Hey, I've just got a text from Cristina. There's a housewarming party tonight?" Erin joined Meredith and Owen at the nurses desk.

"We're gonna do an intervention," Owen said.

"That won't work," Erin rolled her eyes. "But we're going?" she said.

"Yeah," Meredith said.

"Okay, see you there, then," Erin said, walking away while she tried to think of what outfit to wear.

"This party sucks," Erin whispered to Meredith.

"You're telling me," Meredith sighed. Erin heard a crash and they turned around, seeing Alex on the floor on top of a smashed coffee table while Jackson punched him in the face repeatedly.

"Oh, shit!" Erin gasped. They ran over and Erin and Meredith hauled Jackson off of Alex into Owen's arms. "The pair of you, stop it!" she shouted, grabbing Alex. "Get outside," she snapped.

Alex bowed his head and let Meredith lead him out. Erin looked at Jackson and made sure he was with someone safe, Owen and Lexie, before heading out after Alex.

"What the hell were you thinking? She's a virgin. Why would you do that?" Meredith cried, pacing up and down as Erin cleaned Alex's cut forehead.

"I know. God... ow! Ow," he hissed. 

"I mean, if you needed it that bad, Alex, you should've gone back to Vegas. There's a whole industry there," Meredith said.

"I didn't go to Vegas. I went to Iowa," Alex sighed. They looked at him curiously.

"You went to Iowa," Erin said.

"I went home. My brother, remember Aaron?" Alex said.

"Yeah," they said.

"The doctors said... He got diagnosed schizophrenic, just like my mom. You know how they figured it out? He tried to kill our little sister. She's sixteen, she's a kid, and her brother tried to kill her. And my mom didn't do anything 'cause she's off her meds, and... Anyway, I was in Iowa. That's where I went, to my brother's commitment hearing. I had to commit him. Whatever," Alex said.

Erin sighed and put the medical equipment into the box on top of someone's car.

"Well, it's good that you were there," Meredith said.

"I wasn't there. I wasn't. I showed up, I held my sister's hand in the hospital for, like, ten minutes, I shoved some pills down my mom's throat, I signed my brother into a nuthouse... And I got the hell outta there as fast as I could. I wasn't there. I'm the ass who can't stand to be there," Alex said.

"We're gonna go home and we're gonna watch the Muppets with a beer in my bed. How about that?" Erin said.

"Yeah, sounds good," Alex sighed.

"How much have you drank?" Meredith asked Erin.

"One beer. I'm good to go," Erin said. Meredith handed her car keys over.

"Derek and I will grab a cab," she said.

"Thank you," Erin said. "Come on, Al," she said, linking her person. He sighed and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, the two of them walking to Meredith's car.

"I hate the night shift. I'm not even on peds, I'm on general, which is boring!" Erin whined, throwing herself onto the chair beside Meredith.

"Cristina is bartending in Joe's," Cristina said.