Four

Erin dragged her ass back into work the next morning. She took some tablets that made her morning sickness, as Meredith called it, go away and managed to eat something solid and keep it down overnight. She headed straight to Bailey when she got in.

"You're back," Bailey said.

"I am," Erin said.

"Find out what was wrong?" Bailey said.

"Just a bug," Erin said. She was keeping everything quiet until she had had the scan to confirm everything was okay. She didn't think telling Bailey was a good idea until she was sure about the fact that there was definitely a healthy baby inside of her.

"Good. Everyone is already assigned cases so I'm gonna ease you back in with labs, discharges, scut stuff," Bailey said. Erin grinned. That seemed like a nice and easy day.

"Thanks, Bailey," Erin grabbed the stack of lab results and discharge papers.

"Uh," Erin stopped in her tracks as she walked into the kitchen a week later. There were cupcakes everywhere. "I'd ask why but I really don't care," Erin grabbed a cupcake and pulled the wrapper off, taking a bite. She moaned happily. "Izzie, I would marry you just for your baking skills. Your body and personality would be an added perk," Erin mumbled.

"Something's missing," Izzie huffed.

"Really? Taste amazing to me," Erin shrugged, taking another bite.

"How many of these have you had?" Meredith walked into the kitchen. Erin looked at her.

"One. So far," she said.

"Well, don't have too many. You need to eat a balanced diet," Meredith said.

"Are you on a health kick?" George asked.

"No," Erin snorted, taking another bite of her cupcake. "I just don't eat regular meals so Mermaid's watching my sugar intake," she said.

"You need to book that appointment, by the way," Meredith said.

"Appointment?" George asked.

"Yeah. STD check. I go regularly, considering how much sex I have," Erin winked at Izzie, who laughed.

"Who has sex?" Derek walked into the kitchen.

"You and Meredith, constantly and loudly. You know, it's really weird hearing my sister have an orgasm," Erin looked at him. His mouth dropped open and she laughed, grabbing another cupcake. "Izzie, seriously, please marry me. Or promise me you'll make me a birthday cake. Either will satisfy me right now," she said.

"Birthday cake it is," Izzie said.

"Thank you, darling," Erin said.

"Erin, I was serious. Book the appointment and stop eating cupcakes. Have a healthy breakfast," Meredith said.

"You're acting like mom," Erin snorted. "Actually, scratch that. She never gave a shit what we ate for breakfast. You're acting like a good mom," she said. Meredith sighed and rubbed her face.

"Do not punch her, do not punch her, do not punch her," she whispered to herself.

"Fine!" Erin groaned. She walked to the fridge and grabbed a sandwich she'd made the night prior. "Protein," she said, taking a big bite.

"That's not exactly breakfast," George said.

"She isn't eating cupcakes. It's good enough," Meredith said. "But you have to book that appointment," she said.