Ninety eight

"The president of the United States called Derek and now he's gonna work for them and go back on his promise to let me do my research!" Meredith cried into the phone to Erin that night.

"What the hell? The president? Like, Barack Obama?" Erin said, licking the nutella off the knife as she made nutella on toast for her, Arizona and Archie to have as a late night snack.

"Yeah!" Meredith cried.

"I'm sorry about Derek, but I can give you some good news in about an hour, if you don't mind waiting?" Erin said.

"Did it work?" Meredith gasped.

"It could be about your nephew," Erin laughed.

"Is it?" Meredith said.

"Partially. It's about his sibling," Erin laughed, piling the toast onto the plate and throwing the knife into the sink. "I gotta go and tell Zona she's a mom to two, or possibly three. Callie put the idea of twins into my head and now I'm terrified she's jinxed it. I don't think I can breastfeed two at once," Erin said.

"Oh, yeah, that sounds hard," Meredith winced. "I love you and I'm really happy," she added.

"Thank you, Mermaid. I love you more," Erin grinned, ending the call.

She headed upstairs and into her room, putting the plate on the bed where Arizona and Archie were sat watching a surgical tape.

"I thought we were watching the Muppets," Erin laughed, sitting beside them.

"Surgery, mama," Archie giggled, taking a slice of toast and biting into it.

"Yeah, mama, surgery," Arizona teased, sticking her tongue out at Erin as she took a bite of Archie's piece.

"Mommy, no," Archie whined. Arizona laughed and handed him another slice.

"It's okay," she said.

"Love chocolate," Archie mumbled.

They ate their toast and then Arizona put Archie to bed. Erin hurried to the bathroom and grabbed the test, hiding it under her pillow as she sat back in bed. Arizona walked back in with a smile and climbed into bed beside her.

"I'm gonna take my leg off, and if you're up for it, I was thinking we could-" Arizona started.

"I threw up when I was gonna wash Archie's hair," Erin blurted. She slapped her hands over her mouth. "So not how I was gonna do this," she mumbled.

"You threw up?" Arizona said curiously, turning to face Erin.

"Yeah. And I only throw up when I'm pregnant, so I took a test," Erin said. She pulled the baggie out and handed it to Arizona.

She stared down at the two pink lines, slowly looking back up at Erin.

"You're pregnant?" Arizona said softly.

"Well, I only took one test, and it could be a false positive, but I wanted you to know before I called the OB to make an appointment," Erin said.

"We'll call in the morning," Arizona put the baggie on the side and grabbed Erin's hands, squeezing them tightly. "And if it's false, that's okay. And if it's right, if our baby is in there, then that's okay, too," she said.

"Just okay?" Erin said, a small smile on her face. Arizona grinned and leaned down, kissing Erin. Erin lay back against the pillows, letting Arizona climb on top of her.

"It would be the third best thing in my life," Arizona said.

"The third?" Erin asked.

"The first," Arizona said, leaning down to kiss Erin again. Erin's hands came up to cup Arizona's cheeks, pulling her body flat down against hers, "Is you. You will always be the best thing," Arizona whispered.