Seventy seven

"You're a name brand. You're like the freakin' Ritz-Carlton of surgery. Who cares if that's why they want you?" Alex scoffed to Jackson a week later at lunch in the cafeteria.

"Because he knows deep down he's more of a roadside motel," Cristina said.

"Oh, oh, oh, she's going for the soup," Alex said, pointing at Holly Wheeler as she made her way around the cafeteria.

"Bold move. She's gonna have to talk to the soup guy," Cristina said.

"She's looking good. Looking confident," Jackson said. Holly spun around, walking away.

"And she bails. No soup for Holly," Alex sighed.

"She looks terrified. Why are you so mean? Would you just go buy her some soup?" Lexie said.

"No, it's not mean. She's going home soon, and Dr. Fincher says, she has to learn to do things for herself," Meredith said.

"Mm. And you're gonna finally have to go to Boston for your interview," Cristina said.

"I am not avoiding the interview," Meredith said.

"Really?" Cristina asked.

"They asked me if I knew if you were considering them when I called to say no," Erin said.

"What did you say?" Alex asked.

"I said I don't know," Erin shrugged.

"Well, wherever you go, just beware, they may judge you more on your personality than what really matters, like your resume," April said.

"Meredith is not like you. Her personality doesn't suck," Alex said.

"Oh, pizza station," Jackson said, looking back at Holly.

"Oh, whatever! You know what? Those programs can suck it. I'm tired of trying so hard not to be me. You know what? I like me," April said.

"That makes one of us. You make it so easy," Alex snorted.

"Look, you don't have to not be you. Just be a little less you. That's all," Jackson said.

"Get up," Mark charged over to them, grabbing Jackson's shoulder.

"What are you doing?" Jackson asked.

"Claire Hiatt just called to tell me you walked out on your interview. Call her back, apologize," Mark said.

"Look, I respectfully withdrew my application," Jackson rolled his eyes.

"You want me to drag you out by your ear?" Mark asked.

"I..." Jackson trailed off. Mark gave him a look and Jackson groaned, standing up and walking away.

"Freakin' Robbins," Alex scowled, storming away to talk to Arizona. Erin rolled her eyes fondly.

"What did they say when you turned them down?" April asked Erin.

"They upped my offer," Erin said.

"Really?" Cristina asked.

"Yeah. They offered me everything Arizona has offered me and more. But I said no," Erin said.

"You said no?" Cristina cried.

"Yes, I said no. I don't want to leave Seattle. I don't want to leave this hospital. I love it here, I love the people I work with and I love the life I've built," Erin said.

"Are you doing this for Archie?" April asked.

"I'm doing this for both of us. I have to do what's best for Archie and that's not uprooting him and moving him halfway across the country away from everyone he knows," Erin said.