One hundred and five

"Are you okay? You've been making a face all day," Alex said, looking over his patient charts at Erin as she updated Rosie's chart at the nurses desk.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Baby's just moving a lot," Erin sighed, rubbing over her stomach. "And my back is killing. I think I slept weird," she said.

"You sure it's not labour?" he said.

"My water hasn't broken. At most, it's Braxton hicks. I'm fine. And, besides, Arizona has that big surgery with Dr. Herman today. I cannot go into labour until she's done with that because Dr. Herman already hates Arizona enough, by the sound of things. I don't want her to hate me, too," Erin said.

"Fair enough. But, hey, you'll be in labour for hours. It's okay if you're having the baby now," Alex said.

"It's not like I'm choosing not to give birth today," Erin laughed, handing the ipad back to the nurse. "I'll go into labour when he feels it's his time. And, besides, if he comes on our wedding anniversary, he's stealing the thunder. That's such second child behaviour," Erin said.

"You would know," Alex teased. Erin rolled her eyes fondly. "How is Rosie?" he asked.

"Numbers are dropping. It's small, but it's there. I've got to wait until the end of the month, collect the biopsies and compare them week by week. Then, once I've done that, we can look at moving her treatment to England and having it more often, as well as publishing it as an official case study. Not to mention the fact that the FDA said if this works, I can launch it as an actual clinical trial. I want you on that with me, though, 'cause I'll need help now Arizona is with Herman," Erin said.

"That's great!" Alex said, pulling her into a hug. "Seriously, that kid would be dead without you. That's amazing," he said. Erin smiled.

"Yeah, I know. It's crazy," she said, shaking her head slightly. "Absolutely crazy. Anyway, I have a coffee date with one Amelia Shepherd, so I will catch you later," Erin said.

"Have fun," Alex waved as she walked down the hallway.

"He's just such a dick sometimes, you know?" Amelia sighed, finishing her rant about Derek.

"He's a man, Mi. All men are dicks, because they think with them," Erin said.

"Very good point," Amelia nodded. "How's the wedding anniversary going?" Amelia smirked.

"We had lovely anniversary sex this morning. Well, I say we, but I can't exactly do much so it's mostly Arizona doing the work right now. But, you know, when I can't have sex for six weeks after giving birth, it'll be her turn for the fun, so it's cool," Erin said. Amelia laughed and nodded.

"Can't sex induce labour?" she said.

"Yeah, but I don't think it did. I'd know if my water broke," Erin said.

"Yeah, I knew when it was time," Amelia nodded.

"I was in labour for hours with Archie, and he was three weeks early. We didn't have any names and Arizona and I weren't even together yet. I was terrified to do it alone," Erin sighed.

There was a sharp pain in her side and she winced.

"What is it?" Amelia leaned closer quickly.

"I think he's kicking," Erin said, putting her hand over the place the pain was still going. "Oh god, his foot is either stuck there or I'm in labour. Please move your foot, please don't be labour," Erin whispered, closing her eyes tightly.

"You're in labour?" Amelia whispered. The pain subsided and Erin looked at Amelia. "You're not?" she said.

"That was a contraction. Twenty five seconds long, with thirty five minutes between them. I'm fine," Erin said.