Fourteen

"Oh, I hope your mommy comes back soon, buddy. I have a date tonight. Yes, I do," Erin cooed, bouncing Tuck as she walked the halls looking for Bailey or Addison. She was wearing a very, very short, very, very tight black dress, black heels on that made her look taller than her usual five foot two inches. Her hair was down and curly, makeup done flawlessly, and she had to leave before she was late to meet Rob at work.

"Erin! Don't you look lovely," Mark grinned as he turned the corner. "You have a kid?" he said.

"Yeah, she's dead," Erin waved it off. His eyes widened. "This one isn't mine, he's my godson. Bailey's kid," she said.

"Your kid is dead?" he coughed.

"Yeah. Twenty weeks, placenta ruptured. She's buried in the garden. Look, we're getting off track. Have you seen Bailey or Addison? They were together and I have a date with my boyfriend and if I'm late, well, I just don't want the lecture again," Erin waved her hand.

"I have no idea where they are," Mark said, still looking quite shocked and confused.

"Great! I'm gonna be late, Tuck, and Rob is not gonna be happy. Third time in a row," Erin grinned guiltily. "Date nights are really important, apparently," she rolled her eyes.

"Your boyfriend sounds, uh, like a dick," Mark said.

"Language!" Erin cupped Tuck's ears. "Yeah, he's not the best but he's not the worst," Erin said.

"Yeah, I can tell. You missed a hickey," Mark pointed at one just poking out of her dress on her thigh. Erin groaned and pulled it down, showing her cleavage more. Mark's eyes widened and he smirked.

"Okay, horndog, back off. You're Addison's dirty mistress, not mine, so don't get any ideas," Erin pointed at him. "You really haven't seen them?" she asked.

"Sorry, kid, but no," he said.

"Page me if you do, please," Erin said.

"I will," he nodded. She nodded and continued down the hallway. "Nice rack, by the way!"

"Manwhore!" Erin covered Tuck's ears again, turning the corner with a grin. "He's very annoying," she whispered. Tuck cooed in agreement.

"Bailey, I swear to god, Rob is gonna kick my ass if I'm late again!" Erin pushed open one of the abandoned appointment room doors. She stopped in her tracks. Bailey was helping Addison pull her dress back down and Addison looked like she'd been crying. "Uh, hi," she said.

"Erin!" Addison cried.

"Look, I'm sorry for barging in but I'm late for my date! An hour late! Last time I was an hour late, Rob stood me up at the restaurant. I have to go," Erin said.

"Give me Tuck," Bailey nodded. Erin handed him over and turned to the mirror, fixing her dress.

"Too slutty?" she asked.

"Yes," Bailey said.

"Perfect," Erin grinned. "Bye, Tuck, I'll see you soon, baby," she kissed Tuck's cheek and hugged Bailey. "See you, Bailey. Addison," she nodded at Addison and hurried out of the door. She pulled her phone out and dialled Rob's number. It went straight to voicemail. "Rob, it's me. I know I'm late, I'm so sorry for being late again, but I was babysitting Tuck while Bailey was having an emergency and he's my godson, I can't turn him away, and I'll be there soon to meet you, okay? Don't leave your office," Erin said. She ended the call and sighed, hurrying her pace so she could make it to the lift.

"Erin!" Rob's receptionist stood up to greet her.