Thirty three

"Erin, with me!" Addison called as soon as Erin walked into the ER with the others.

"Uh, not a good idea, Addie!" Erin called back, swaying slightly on her feet.

"Why?" Addison asked.

"She's drunk. Karev, you go with Montgomery. Erin, get a banana bag and get in there when you're sober," Bailey said.

"Got it, boss," Erin nodded. She kissed Callie's cheek, waved at everyone else, and wandered down the hallway to find a banana bag IV.

"I'm here," Erin walked into the OR where Burke, Addison, Alex and Izzie were operating on a pregnant mother with a heart problem.

"Just in time. Just like we did with Laura and the quints, alright?" Addison waved Erin over to the bed.

"Yeah," Erin nodded. Alex moved so she could stand opposite Addison beside Burke.

"BPs dropping," Burke said. Addison grabbed the first baby and handed it to Erin. She clipped the chord and handed it to a nurse.

"Erin, you get this one," Addison said. Erin nodded and reached into the patient, feeling around for the baby's neck and back so she could lift it out properly.

"BP," Burke said again.

"She can deliver a baby, Burke," Addison rolled her eyes. Erin lifted the baby out and Addison clipped the chord. "All yours," she said. He nodded and Addison and Erin moved over to make sure the twins were okay. Erin poked their stomachs, a trick she'd learned since working with babies, and they started crying.

"They're both breathing, lungs aren't blocked, all good," Erin smiled up at Addison under her mask.

"Great work, Erin. You'll find out about your boards soon enough and then we'll be launching that surgery of yours. I wouldn't be surprised if a Harper Avery comes your way very soon," Addison winked. Erin laughed.

"My mother would die if she heard you say that. Little old Erin, the disappointment, winning a Harper Avery. She'd die on the spot," Erin said.

"Well, you're not a disappointment. You're magical and talented and a brilliant surgeon. Come on. You can stitch her stomach and I'll get these babies to the NICU," Addison said.

"Thanks," Erin grinned, stepping back to the patient to stitch her up.

"You two are close again," Izzie said once Addison had left the room.

"Yeah, and?" Erin raised her eyebrows, not looking up from the neat stitches she was doing.

"I was just saying. I thought you hated her," she said.

"I don't hate her. Things were complicated and I had mixed feelings. The complications are gone, my feelings are separated again, everything is fine," Erin said.

"Okay," Izzie said.

"Thirty minutes before you're late for your own wedding!" Erin jumped into the intern locker room, making Cristina and Meredith jump.

"She's putting eyebrows on, stop!" Meredith cried.

"Why? Her eyebrows are fine," Erin said.

"Mama Burke shaved them off," Cristina whispered, turning to show Erin one drawn on eyebrow. Erin gasped.

"Oh, that's terrible. Okay, I'm a good eyebrow girl. Move," Erin took the pencil and shooed Meredith away. Cristina sat down and Erin wiped off the badly drawn eyebrow.

"I worked hard on that," Cristina whined.

"It was shit. Let me work my magic," Erin said.

"She can do eyebrows," Meredith agreed.