Eighty eight

"Did I miss it?" Erin hurried back into the lobby of Crest Capital, the headquarters of the billionaire they were hoping would invest in the hospital.

"No. What did Jackson want?" Callie asked.

"Catherine's here and she wants him to move to Boston because the only way she wants her son working in a Pegasus hospital is over her dead body," Erin said.

"Oh, god. This has to work, then," Arizona whispered.

"Boston?" Meredith said.

"Yeah," Erin sat down beside her sister.

"What did Jackson tell her?" Meredith asked.

"He said that he wants to stay, so she's backing off for now. Apparently, Richard is on our side, too, so that helped, but she isn't happy," Erin said.

"We're ready now, if you could follow me," the receptionist walked over with a smile.

They all stood up with a wince.

"Now or never," Meredith whispered, grabbing Erin's free hand, the other held tightly in Arizona's.

"I thought you were taking us to Julian Crest, not his day care center," Derek scowled at Stan as the seven of them stood outside after their meeting.

"You don't just walk in and talk to a guy like Julian Crest. There are hoops to jump through. Those junior execs like us, they pass us up to his business development guys. We impress them, then we see the man himself," Stan said.

"Oh. Will they do this before or after their naptime?" Callie scoffed.

"You were golden in there. There's no way you don't make it to the next level. I'm telling you, any second now this phone is gonna ring," Stan said, holding his phone out. They all stared at it expectantly. "Really, any second now," he said.

Erin's phone rang, making them all jump to look at her.

"Sorry," she said. She checked the caller ID and winced.

"Who is it?" Meredith asked.

"Alex. Do I ignore it, say I was busy?" Erin asked.

"I would," Cristina shrugged.

Stan's phone rang and everybody jumped again.

"Answer it!" Meredith said. Stan nodded, putting it to his ear and stepping away. Erin sighed and let the call ring out, tucking her phone back into her pocket on silent.

"Yes, I understand," Stanl said.

"What are they saying?" Callie asked.

"Yes, yes, yes. I understand," Stan said.

"Understand? What do you understand?" Derek asked.

"Thank you. Thank you very much for your time," Stan ended the call. "You guys, you were kind of rude," he said.

"Well, what did they freaking say?" Arizona cried.

"I'm sorry. You got the meeting," Stan said, smiling widely.

"Yes," they all cheered, jumping around excitedly.

"This is great. We're one step closer," Stan said.

"We are," Arizona said, squeezing Erin's hand tightly.

"As an academic medical center, we are currently at 411 beds," Meredith said.

"But once we're restored to a level I trauma center, that number will raise to 500," Arizona said.

"Right, increasing revenue streams for both acute and long-term care," Derek said.