Eighty two

"You have your first prosthetic fitting tomorrow," Erin told Arizona as she folded laundry a few nights later.

"I know," Arizona said.

"You want me to take you up there?" Erin asked.

"No," Arizona shook her head. "I don't want anyone to know I'm there," she said.

"Okay," Erin nodded. "Am I allowed to check in or does the guy want privacy to do it?" she asked.

"I don't know," Arizona said.

"Okay," Erin nodded. She stood up with the clothes and put them away in the wardrobe and the drawers. "I'm gonna go to bed," she said.

"Okay," Arizona said.

Erin lay down beside her and turned the lamp on. Arizona rolled onto her side and Erin closed her eyes, rubbing her face as she rolled onto her side. This was not getting any easier.

"Hey," Callie smiled at Erin as she left a patient's room.

"Hey, Cal. How you holding up?" Erin asked.

"Good," Callie fake smiled. Erin nodded.

She knew the loss of Mark was hurting her and Sofia, as Mark and Callie had been raising Sofia together, but not being in a relationship. Mark was still obsessed over Lexie at the time and Callie was just enjoying her time as a mother.

And, there was the matter of Arizona. She and Callie were best friends, they were each other's person, and Callie was covering for Erin and Alex about the amputation, taking all of Arizona's rage and hatred so that they didn't have to. She was doing it so Arizona wouldn't lose her girlfriend and one of her best friends.

"Okay. I'm here if you want to talk," Erin said. Callie nodded.

"Did she actually come to the appointment?" Callie asked.

"She's getting her prosthetic fitted now," Erin nodded.

"Think she'd accept a visitor?" Callie asked.

"Probably not. She doesn't want anyone to see her," Erin mumbled, rubbing her face tiredly.

"How are you?" Callie asked.

"I'm fine," Erin said.

"You sure?" Callie said. "Because it's okay tell someone if you aren't" she said.

"Yeah. I'm fine," Erin nodded.

"Okay," Callie smiled weakly, squeezing her arm before walking away.

"How are you doing?" Alex sighed, joining Erin at the pediatric nurses desk.

"I am doing fine," Erin said, handing him two of the folders. "I need you to take these two so I can go and check on her," she said.

"Is she here?" Alex said. Erin shrugged. "She's at her appointment, isn't she?" he said.

"Maybe," Erin sighed

"Can I see her?" he said.

"She doesn't know," Erin looked at him.

"Know what?" he asked.

"That you were the one who did it, and that I knew before I got out of my surgery. She doesn't know. Callie is taking all of the blame for us so Arizona won't hate us. And she hates Callie for all of this but it's my fault she was even sat near the window. If I didn't get plane sick, we would've swapped and I would've been the hurt one," Erin said.

"That's not your fault. The crash isn't anyone's fault except the company's. And the amputation isn't Callie's fault, either. She had to save Arizona's life. For you and for Archie," Alex said.