Fifty eight

creds to @Dogsarethebest13 for helping me with this chapter. thank you so much for helping me bring Erin's story to life.

PS: don't hate us :)

-----------------------------------

"Well, do you want to talk about it?" Meredith broke the silence as she, Erin and Cristina walked up the stairs to the catwalk.

"No," Cristina said.

"Owen, I mean," Meredith said.

"I know what you mean. I don't want to- I, um, I-I can't. It's just... Okay, he doesn't know, you know, who he loves, and if it's not me, then... I don't want to talk about it. Let's talk about something else," Cristina said.

"Okay. You realize, you're about to be a godmother?" Meredith said.

"Hey!" Erin whined.

"You're godmother, too. You called godmother first when you were ten," Meredith rolled her eyes fondly.

"I'm godmother, too?" Cristina laughed. "Okay, what do I have to do? Like, talk god to the fetus? 'cause I'm not gonna do that," Cristina said.

"It means, you take care of the kid if I die," Meredith said.

"Derek takes care of the kid if you die. And then Erin," Cristina said.

"If we die, if we die," Meredith said.

"Okay, so," Cristina laughed. "If you and Derek are in a plane crash and you die, the kid is mine?" Cristina asked.

"Ours," Erin corrected her.

"Yes," Meredith said.

"I have to admit, I kinda hope, uh, you and Derek die, just a little bit, so I can raise the kid with decent priorities," Cristina said.

"I have priorities," Meredith said.

"Oh?" Erin laughed.

"Surgery," Meredith said.

"Oh, okay, then," Cristina laughed. "You can raise a good little surgeon. I take it back," Cristina said. The door of the hallway to Derek's office opened and he stepped out.

"Hey," Erin smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Derek said.

"Uh, walkin'," Cristina said.

"We're in lockdown," Derek said.

"Yeah, we're not walking outside," Cristina scoffed.

"That's not what lockdown means. It means stay where you are," Derek frowned.

"Did you know that's what it-" Meredith started.

"No, I thought it meant-" Erin said.

"Stay here. Get in here," Derek grabbed them and pushed them into a supply closet.

"What?" Meredith asked.

"Why are we-" Erin tried.

"There's a shooter loose in the hospital," Derek hissed.

"What?" they gasped.

"Stay here. Don't move. I'll come back and get you when it's clear. Just stay here. Don't move," Derek closed the door and disappeared from view. Erin turned to her sister and friend with wide eyes.

"A shooter?" she whispered.

"Hey, it'll be fine. We're safe here," Meredith said quickly, grabbing Erin's hand. She nodded slowly.