One hundred and twenty nine

Erin hurried into the stairwell Alex had text her to come to, seeing he was sat on the stairs with bruised knuckles.

"Alex?" Erin said, walking down the stairs towards him.

"I fucked up," Alex whispered, looking at her with red rimmed eyes. "He's got clear scans and Mer is checking on them for me," he said.

Erin sat down beside him and took his hand, squeezing it gently.

"C'mon. Tell me what happened. Why'd you lose your shit on DeLuca?" she asked.

"I walked into the apartment to tell Jo that the not getting married thing isn't as much of a deal breaker as I said it was. And I went in and she was in her underwear and DeLuca was on top of her and I just lost it, Erin. I lost it. She was screaming and I kept going until he just... I brought him here when I realised what I'd done. I mean, fuck! I'm not this guy, Erin. I'm not," Alex whispered.

Erin sighed and hugged him tightly.

"You're not that guy, Alex. You aren't. But you also can't lie to cover this up. DeLuca is gonna wake up and tell everybody what happens. If you don't come clean, he's gonna do it for you and it's gonna be way worse. And I know it's not what you want to hear at all, 'cause nobody wants to hear this, but that's just how it is," Erin said.

Alex nodded, running his hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry for disappointing you. I know you hate people like me, 'cause of what Rob did to you-" Alex said.

"You have not disappointed me," Erin said. "I'm not happy with this, but I get it. And I don't hate you. I never could. You're my best friend. You're my brother and I love you. What Rob did to me, that's nothing to do with me and you or this," Erin said.

Alex nodded and stood up.

"I should... Go and figure out what I'm doing," he said.

"You should. I'm going to go and check on the kids in daycare and then go and see April and the baby," Erin said.

"Okay," Alex nodded.

Erin stood up and headed back upstairs to go and check her kids and Mer's kids were all okay after being in daycare all day.

"Up for a visitor?" Erin knocked on April's door with the twins in her arms.

April looked up from where she was holding the baby on the bed, Catherine Avery sat beside her.

"From my favourite twins, always," April grinned. "Swap?" she said.

"Oh, absolutely," Erin smiled.

She carried the twins in and sat them on the bed.

"Be gentle with aunt April, okay? She's just had a baby, so we need to use kind hands," Erin told them.

"Okay, mama," the twins nodded.

Erin smiled and scooped the baby up, cooing as she rocked her from side to side. April opened her arms and the twins hugged her carefully.

"Your baby?" Natalie asked.

"Yeah, that's my baby. Baby Harriet," April grinned, kissing their blonde hairs gently.

"Harriet. So cute," Erin cooed at the baby.

"Jackson wanted to be here to do this and we wanted Arizona here, too, but she's watching Jackson in surgery with DeLuca, so he said he'd speak to her. But, uh, Jackson and I were wondering if you and Arizona would be Harriet's godparents. We're Rueben's and we both admire how you're raising your four, so we know there's nobody better for the job than you and Arizona," April said.