Eight

"Mermaid, I need to talk to you about-" Erin cut herself off as she walked into the elevator, seeing Derek and Addison both in there with Meredith. The doors closed before she could leave. "Oh, brilliant. Locked in an elevator with my sister, her ex, his wife slash my kind of boss that thinks she can smother me. Excellent," Erin said dryly.

"You alright?" Meredith said.

"Peachy. Absolutely peachy. Bailey's knocked up," Erin said.

"What?" all three of them said. Erin scoffed.

"You're telling me that a world class brain surgeon and neonatal surgeon didn't pick up on Bailey being pregnant? I mean, Mer, I understand you, considering we've been out of it for a while, but you two, I'm disappointed," Erin said sarcastically. The doors beeped and Erin pulled Meredith out of the lift. They waited for the doors to shut over on a surprised Addison and Derek before Erin started talking. "Addison kissed me. She kissed me. Straight up kissed me," Erin said.

"You told me you weren't going to seduce her," Meredith blinked.

"No, she kissed me. I didn't kiss her. Well, I kissed her back, but she made the first move. She kissed me. For a minute. A solid minute. Tongue and everything. Like, a real kiss. And she and Bailey have been conspiring to make me have a breakdown. That's why I'm in neonatal all week. They want me to get it out of the way and get back on my game," Erin said.

"What the hell?" Meredith said.

"I know! What do I do?" Erin said.

"Did she say she was going to tell Derek?" she asked.

"No and I don't think she's going to. Do I just avoid her? Pretend it never happened?" Erin said.

"Yes. We're not involved anymore. He walked away. He picked her. She wants him. She kissed you, yeah, but we aren't involved. We're gonna step back, let them handle their things and we'll focus on ourselves," Meredith said. Erin nodded.

"Step back, got it," Erin said.

"Girls night tonight?" Meredith said.

"Oh, yes, please. Bath, magazines, vodka and gossip?" Erin said. Meredith nodded with a happy sigh.

"I'm already imagining the bubbles," she said.

"I've always hated Thanksgiving," Erin said, sipping her coffee idly in the kitchen.

"Why?" Izzie asked.

"Mom always got a surgery on that day so she didn't have to spend it with us. Meredith and I were left to fend for ourselves. Mom figured we'd be fine ordering a pizza in so we've never had a big feast. We have pizza every Thanksgiving," Erin said.

"And now we're having a feast," Izzie said.

"You're having a feast. I'm going to wallow in self pity in the bathtub until my skin is disgusting and wrinkly and I've gotten rid of all of my feelings," Erin said.

"What feelings?" Izzie said.

"All of my feelings," Erin said. "Can't have 'em. Any feelings make you feel things and that's just not for me. I'll be an emotionless robot. I'll be Cristina," Erin said.

"That's not healthy," Meredith walked into the kitchen with a yawn.

"Neither is anything we do," Erin said.

"Fair enough," Meredith said. She sighed and wrapped her arms around Erin's waist, leaning her head on Erin's shoulder. "Sure you don't want to tag along to the hospital?" she whispered.