Eighteen

"I cut the LVAD wire," Izzie said the next morning. They were in a meeting with the chief in the conference room to discuss Denny's situation from the night prior. He had received his transplant and was alive, but Izzie had still been kicked out, for now. She was in normal clothes while the others were all in scrubs.

"Actually, I cut the LVAD wire," Meredith said.

"Nope. It was all me," Erin shook her head.

"No. I did it. I'm the one who cut the wire," George said. There was a tense pause. George nudged Cristina.

"Fine. I cut the LVAD wire," she said.

"I didn't do anything. I'm totally innocent," Alex shrugged.

"Alex!" Meredith cried.

"I wasn't even here. He knows I wasn't here. You think he doesn't know that? The guy's not mentally challenged," Alex scoffed.

"That's not the point. What about loyalty?" George said.

"We made an agreement!" Cristina said.

"Ohana means family, Alex, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. You're my family so you back me the fuck up and don't get left behind!" Erin said.

"People! I know who did this. So, you might as well come clean. I know," Richard said.

"With all due respect, sir, if you knew, you wouldn't be asking us," George said.

"You have your suspicions, but you don't actually know," Meredith said.

"Not for sure," Cristina said.

"So you don't know which one of us it was that cut the LVAD wire," Erin said.

"And you can't do anything to any of us without proof, sir," George said.

"Well, one of you compromised a patient's life. One of you stole an organ. One of you jeopardized the integrity of this hospital and of UNOS. Now, you tell me, and you tell me right now!" he snapped. Nobody spoke. "All right, fine. No surgeries," he said.

"Sir?" Cristina said.

"You heard what I said. No surgeries. No one scrubs in, no one watches from the gallery, no one so much as goes near the OR floor. Until someone confesses, the six of you will share a single patient: Camille Travis. Whatever she wants, the six of you will provide it! Whatever she wants. Now, get the hell out of my sight!" he shouted. They all hurried out of the room.

"Wow, he didn't say we were fired," George said.

"He might as well have. No surgeries?" Cristina raised her eyebrows.

"That wasn't bad. We got off easy," Meredith said.

"Yeah, for now. You think this is over?" Cristina scoffed.

"I could really use a good come right now. A nice, long coma," George sighed.

"That sounds really fun, actually," Erin said. He nodded in agreement.

"You know, there's only been three careers I've ever wanted. Ruler of my own planet, Wonder Woman, or a surgeon. And I don't see any invisible planets or extra countries lying around," Cristina said.

"I wanted to be a princess growing up," Erin hummed.

"You are a princess. You're a pampered, spoilt little shit," Cristina said. Erin pouted and Cristina rolled her eyes. "You know we love you anyway," she said.

"I love you too, Wonder Woman," Erin kissed her cheek.

"Ew," Cristina muttered but didn't move to wipe it off.