One hundred and four

"She was telling the truth," Erin sighed, joining Arizona outside the conference room for the meeting.

"Pierce?" she looked up from the stack of files for Dr. Herman.

"Yeah. How was your day?" Erin asked.

"Busy. This fellowship is a lot already," Arizona said quietly. Erin kissed her cheek, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I'll help you fill in your paperwork later, and I'll help you memorise things. Let's just get this meeting over with so we can go back home. I'm exhausted," Erin said.

"Me, too," Arizona yawned.

They walked into the conference room, sitting down and waiting for Bailey and Alex to deliver their proposals.

"Erin, you've got a call," Jo Wilson ran into the lab a few days later, phone held tightly in her hand.

"Who is it?" Erin said.

"Dr. Katie Bell, from England," she said. Erin took the phone.

"Dr. Bell, is everything okay?" Erin said.

"Dr. Grey, I know your research is nowhere near animals, never mind humans, but my patient, the seven years of treatment one, she's getting worse," Katie said.

"How much worse?" Erin said.

"The chemo isn't working. Her numbers are rising and there's nothing else we can try," she said. "I know yours is still very experimental but this girl will die if we do not do something to help her. Can you give me anything?" she said.

"Uh," Erin looked at the whiteboards, where she'd added information about the new B2 and B3 developments.

One could stop the numbers from rising and the other was able to reduce them, but they'd still yet to test them in animals. All they knew is that they both seemed to work on stage one and stage two of lymphoma.

"Dr. Grey, please, anything could help. She doesn't have long left, at all," Dr. Bell said.

"Send me over her latest labs and I'll call you back. I need to speak to a few people," Erin said.

"Thank you," Dr. Bell ended the call.

"What's going on?" Jo asked.

"I can't get around as fast as you can. Get Hunt, get the board and get them here. I need the FDA on the phone and I need, and this is the most important thing, I need you to get me some real coffee because I'm not going home tonight," Erin said.

"You got it," Jo nodded, running back out of the lab.

Erin's iPad beeped with the files from England and she opened them, face dropping as she saw how far along the girl actually was. She had no idea if this would work, at all, but this kid was going to die soon if they didn't do something. Erin just hoped that the board and the FDA would see that and agree to let her experiment with the chemo.

"It's never been tested in anything above stage two and that's only in samples, not animals or humans. This could kill the kid," Jackson said.

"She's going to die anyway if we don't do something," Erin said. "That's exactly why I'm proposing we bring here here. I know this better than anyone, and I can have the oncology team help us. She'll be monitored constantly. She is twelve years old and she is going to die. This might not work, it probably won't, but imagine if it does. Imagine saving a little girl's life after seven years of dealing with this," Erin said.

"It's risky, we know, but it's her last chance," Arizona said.

"They have a point," Bailey said.

"A very good one," Meredith said.