Thirty four

"Erin!" Callie called as Erin walked into the ER, her interns behind her. "Thank god you answered," she said.

"You're my friend, of course I did," Erin smiled.

"We've got multiple MVCs coming in, lots of traumas," she said.

"Oohh, good first day back," Erin grinned, rubbing her hands together. "Where do you want me?" she asked.

"We've got a pregnant woman coming in. She's yours," Callie said. Erin nodded.

"Hargreeves, Michaels, outside with me to wait for the ambulances. May, Thomas, I want you to get stat packs. And prepare yourselves. Traumas are bloody and chaotic, some of my favourite things," Erin grinned. She walked outside, Hargeeves and Michaels following her. She pulled on a gown and gloves as they waited, the other two doing the same.

A few minutes later, she heard the doors open and looked back. George was talking to a brunette intern Erin had never seen before.

"Hey, George," Erin said. He looked up with wide eyes.

"Erin. You're here," he said.

"Of course I am. First dibs on trauma. Being Callie's friend has it's perks," Erin smirked. He nodded dumbly. The door opened again and Bailey piled out with Meredith and the rest of the interns.

"Ready for this, Erin?" Bailey said.

"Oh, you know it," Erin smiled. The ambulances pulled in and Bailey nodded at the one containing the pregnant lady. "What do we got?" Erin asked the paramedic, helping open the back doors with Michaels and Hargreeves.

"Nancy Walters, 34 years old, 35 weeks pregnant. Complete upper arm amputation. Pressure dressings applied. Two large bore IVs started," he said.

"Did he say arm? My arm is gone?" Nancy said deliriously.

"Miss Walters, you're gonna be okay," Bailey said calmly. She nodded at Erin and Erin looked at the wound.

"I really need my arm," Nancy mumbled as they wheeled her inside.

"You two, let's go!" Erin waved her other two over. "Michaels, fill them in," she said. Sofia turned to tell the interns what the paramedic had said.

"Are you... Are you Erin Grey?" the brown haired girl George was with asked as they passed her.

"Yeah," Erin said.

"I'm Lexie," she said.

"Cool. Move," Erin nodded at the patient.

"Lexie Grey. I'm your sister," she said. Erin's face hardened.

"Move. I've got a patient," Erin said. She stepped out of the way and Erin pushed her into the trauma bay with Bailey.

"You good?" Bailey asked.

"Honestly, if one more fucking family member pops up anytime soon, I'm gonna go back to Hawaii and drown myself for real," Erin whispered. Bailey raised her eyebrows.

"I'm gonna pretend that you didn't just say that," she said.

"Okay," Erin grinned. She turned back to the patient. "Okay, Nancy, I'm Dr. Grey and this is Dr. Bailey. We're gonna be working to sort you out," she said.

"Okay," Nancy whispered. Erin grabbed the ultrasound machine and Meredith hurried in with Mark.

"Complete amputation," Erin said, putting the gel on Nancy's stomach.

"Okay, let's take a look," Mark said. Erin moved the wand over Nancy's stomach.

"Baby is all good but we're having some contractions," Erin said.