Ninety

"Just spit it out Bailey," Erin said, staring at Bailey in her genome lab.

She hadn't told Arizona about this but she had asked her to drop Archie off at daycare, lying that she had to meet Meredith to talk about the baby. Meredith was getting hers after Erin, as Derek was insisting on going with her.

Bailey looked down at the papers in her hands, a frown firmly on her face.

"Bailey, come on. I'm not gonna fall apart if you tell me I'm gonna get it," Erin sighed.

"I just think that maybe you shouldn't be getting your results alone. Why don't you call your sister in, get yours with her? Or Arizona. You should have someone here," Bailey said.

"So, that means I have it," Erin said, leaning back in her chair. Bailey sighed.

"You have tested positive for some of the genetic markers but that doesn't mean that you will get it," Bailey said.

"It just means I'm a lot more likely to get it than anybody else. Okay. What about Archie? Does he have it?" Erin said.

"Archie only tested positive for one of the genetic markers but it is not a cause for concern. I would say that Archie does not possess the gene for Alzheimer's," Bailey said. Erin nodded slowly, grabbing her handbag. "Erin, don't go. This isn't the end-" Bailey started.

"I have a patient. Thank you, for this," Erin motioned to the table and left the room.

"Hey, how was it?" Derek perked up from where he was sat on a chair outside the office. "Meredith is taking Zola to the daycare," he said.

"I have a patient," Erin said again, making to move past him.

"Hey, hey, hey," Derek jumped up and grabbed her shoulders. "What's wrong? What did she say?" he said.

"Nothing. It's fine," Erin shook her head. Derek raised his eyebrows.

"Erin, you can talk to me. I'm your brother," he said. Erin looked down at her feet. "Do you have it? Does Archie have it?" he asked.

"Archie's fine. He's gonna be fine. He's gonna be living with Arizona while I'm locked up in some home because I won't know who the fuck either of them are," Erin said, her voice cracking slightly. Derek sighed and pulled her into a hug. "No, don't, 'cause I can't cry. I've got work to do," Erin said, pushing him off her.

"Erin-"

"Derek, I just can't. I have to go," Erin said, hurrying down the hallway before he could say anything else.

"Am I telling Meredith?" he called after her.

"No!" Erin said loudly, disappearing down a hallway. She pulled out her phone, putting it to her ear as she waited for Arizona to answer her.

"Hey, Dr. Grey. It's Wilson. Dr. Robbins is just with a patient," Jo's voice came through the phone.

"Oh. Oh. Okay. It doesn't matter, then. Thank you," Erin ended the call, tucking it into her pocket again. She looked around, spotting Hunt walking somewhere. "Hunt!" she called.

"Hey," Owen spun back around to face her. "What's up?" he said.

"I need the day off. Personal stuff," Erin said.

"Everything okay?" Owen frowned. "We have those Syrian doctors here today. I could really use the help," he said. Erin groaned.

"I forgot about that. Shit. Okay, uh, how about I do some paperwork today and stay out of everybody's way?" she said.

"That'd be okay, yeah. Are you okay?" Owen asked.

"Yeah. I'm okay," Erin lied.

"Okay," he nodded.