Twelve

"Can you imagine? What she stick her hand in there for anyway?" Alex muttered, staring into the OR from the viewing window in the scrub room.

"She was trying to save his life," Meredith said.

"And now she might die because of it," Alex said. The door opened and Burke stepped in.

"What do we do, now?" Meredith asked.

"I go back in and wait for the bomb squad. You leave. You all leave," he said. A few people started moving but Erin looked at Meredith. She looked back and the sisters nodded. They stayed firmly put.

"Mer, baby Grey, you coming?" Alex asked. They shook their heads. "It's your funeral," he said.

"You need a surgical team," Meredith looked at Burke.

"All I need is Dr. Milton to keep him under. I can do the rest myself," he said. They stared blankly at him. He sighed. "Fine. But you wait by the elevator. I don't want anybody in here that doesn't need to be in this OR. When the bomb squad arrives, we'll take it from there. Until then, Milton and I are doing this alone. Now, go," Burke said.

"Okay," Erin said. She walked to the elevator, Meredith and two other OR nurses following.

"We had a feeling," Meredith whispered.

"I know," Erin whispered.

"You're the surgical team?" a bomb squad man stepped off the elevator.

"Yes," Meredith said.

"Dylan Young, bomb squad. Alright, spread out and check the area and then we'll secure the patient. Where are they?" the man asked. Meredith pointed down the hallway.

"Dr. Burke has them in there," she said.

"Right, the rest of this floor has been evacuated?" Dylan asked.

"It has, yes," Meredith nodded.

"Okay, you stay here. Nobody moves unless I say so," he said firmly.

"We've got people over here!" someone on the bomb squad shouted.

"I thought you said the floor had been evacuated," Dylan looked back at Meredith.

"We thought it had. We're not in charge of anything," Erin said.

"Cristina!" Meredith gasped. Erin looked up and saw Cristina was stood in the doorway of the OR that wasn't evacuated.

"Back up!" Cristina shouted at the bomb team.

"Oh, no, she will hurt him!" Meredith jumped forward to Cristina. Erin followed.

"What's going on?" Cristina asked.

"Bomb in a body cavity," Meredith said. Cristina groaned.

"Man, all I got is Bailey's husband's open brain," she whined.

"What procedure?" Meredith asked.

"Bailey's husband?" Erin said.

"Craniotomy with Shepherd," Cristina said.

"Shepherd's got Bailey's husband on the table?" Erin asked loudly.

"Excuse me," Dylan said.

"Shhh!" Erin hissed.

"Bailey's having a baby!" Meredith said.

"Excuse me! Stop talking!" Dylan shouted.

"This is not a good vibe," Erin muttered. She and Meredith stepped back so he could handle Cristina.