Eighty nine

"Why do we need an emergency meeting?" Meredith said, tugging Erin into the first floor conference floor behind her. Arizona and Callie were already in there.

"Hunt quit," Callie said.

"What?" Erin and Meredith said. The door opened again, Cristina and Derek stepping in.

"You can't keep throwing that plane crash in his face," Cristina said to Derek.

"Oh, don't make this my fault. He walked out. You shouldn't have told him," Derek said.

"Wh-wait. Wait. You told him?" Callie said loudly.

"That he might be getting fired? Of course I did," Cristina scoffed. Erin groaned quietly.

"Nothing was decided, and besides, we weren't gonna let Avery get rid of Hunt," Derek said.

"Avery has his own agenda," Cristina said. "No, warning Owen is the least we can do. We went behind his back long enough," she said.

"Cristina, we should probably keep what's said in here private," Arizona said.

"Well, then count me out. I have a heart-lung transplant coming in," Cristina said, looking at her pager.

"Oh, well, Karev's kid just got a kidney from UNOS," Callie said.

"Two transplants in one day?" Meredith asked.

"Three with Kepner's DCD," Callie said.

"Three? That doesn't happen," Meredith said.

"Well, it did, okay? And the ORs are fully booked. We have half the nursing staff and no transplant coordinator," Callie said.

"Who was handling all that?" Derek asked.

"Hunt," Callie and Arizona cried.

"Oh," Derek sighed.

"I'll do it," Erin said. "I'll call the nurses and the transplant coordinator and get them back," Erin said.

"Don't you have that surgery?" Arizona asked.

"That was my emergency this morning. His pressure bottomed out and we had to get in early," Erin shook her head. "I'll do it," she said.

"Cool with me," Cristina said.

"Okay. I'll sort the ORs," Meredith agreed.

Everybody filed out, Cristina following Erin to the front desk where Bailey and April were staring at Jackson in disbelief, a file in Bailey's hands.

"What?" Erin said.

"Protocols," Bailey said. "Stupid Pegasus protocols," she said.

"Give me that. I'll fix them," Erin said.

"What?" April blinked.

"I'll look over it. I'm handling the other stuff, I'll handle this, too," Erin said.

"Boss lady," Bailey said sassily to Jackson, handing the file over to Erin with the sticky notes out of the sides. Erin tucked it under her arm, taking the coffee from Jackson's hand.

"Thank you," Jackson said softly.

"Yeah," she said. "You owe me, Avery," she said, smirking at him as she walked to the conference room to get on with the work.

"Okay, thank you," Jackson handed the last of the contracts to the board rep from the foundation. He nodded and left the conference room, leaving Callie, Erin, Arizona, Derek, Meredith, Cristina and Jackson in the room.