Seven

"Erin, we need to talk to you," Izzie said. Erin looked up from her charts.

"Yeah?" she said.

"You and Meredith look like shit. You have all week. You're, uh, depressed, Meredith's sad because he picked Satan, but we have a way to cheer you up," Cristina said.

"A way to cheer me up?" Erin said.

"Don't get yourself booked into any surgeries this morning," Izzie said.

"Sure," Erin said.

"We're gonna go tell Meredith," Izzie said, hurrying off with Cristina.

"Erin," Bailey walked over.

"You never call me Grey. I realised that the other day. Meredith gets Grey but I get Erin," Erin mused.

"And?" Bailey said.

"Oh, I just wanted to know why," Erin shrugged. Bailey sighed.

"Because I didn't think you'd want to be referred to by Grey and it's easier to split the two of you apart that way. You don't sleep with my bosses so you trump your sister," Bailey said. Erin grinned.

"Good point, Bailey. What can I do for you, anyway?" she said. Bailey looked exasperated.

"Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd has requested you to be on her service today," she said. Erin frowned.

"Am I in trouble?" she said.

"No. She requested you. It means she wants to work with you," Bailey said.

"Yeah, I know, but why?" Erin asked.

"Ask her, Erin. I don't know." Bailey turned and walked away.

"I'm gonna," Erin said. She got in the elevator and headed up to Addison's floor. She walked to the desk and found Addison stood there. "I heard I've been requested. Am I in trouble?" she said.

"No. I wanted to talk to you. Come with me," she said. Erin followed her towards the NICU. They stood at the window and Erin looked at the babies. "I know that you lost Quinn and that was traumatic for you. But part of being a good surgeon means being able to separate yourself from your own trauma and the trauma in these walls, even if the two often cross over. I don't want you to ever be scared of babies after losing your own," Addison said.

"I'm not scared of babies. Not even after losing Quinn. I'm scared of my mother," Erin muttered. Addison frowned but Erin didn't give her the chance to ask any questions. "He picked you, didn't he?" she said. Addison nodded slowly.

"I'm moving here. We're going to try and fix things. How is Meredith taking the news?" she said. Erin shrugged.

"I don't think I have a right to tell you. Derek said he can't talk to Meredith anymore. I think that means she's off the list of topics we can discuss," she said.

"Then why did you ask about Derek and I?" Addison frowned.

"Because I don't understand," Erin said. She sighed and crossed her arms, staring at a premature baby girl hooked up to some tubes. "You cheated on him with his best friends. And he said it was only night but I know better. It's never one night and I'm never wrong. Am I wrong?" Erin said.

"No, you're not wrong," Addison said, jaw clenched.

"Right. So then I thought why you'd even want him back. It's been almost three months since Derek left you and moved here. So why'd it take you three months to follow? See, I worked that out, too. It didn't work between you and the guy. So, you decided you'd try and rekindle your marriage. And because you're you, Derek is obviously going to give you another chance to fix things. You're his wife of ten or whatever years," she said.