Fifty

"A time to be born, and a time to die. A time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant," the priest at George's funeral said. Amanda, the girl George had saved, let out another sob. Erin rolled her eyes. "A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build. A time to weep and a time to laugh," he continued.

Izzie slapped her hand over her mouth and Alex grabbed her arm.

"Are you okay? You want the wheelchair?" he asked quietly. Izzie shook her head and turned, walking away from them quickly. The four others shared a look before making to follow her.

"A time to mourn and a time to dance. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together. A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing," the priest said, getting quieter as they got further away.

They found Izzie behind a tomb, sat on the steps with her hand still over her mouth. Cristina and Alex each took a side on the step and Erin and Meredith stood in front of them.

"I'm sorry," Izzie pulled her hand away from her mouth, revealing that she was laughing.

"You're laughing?" Meredith and Erin asked.

"She's laughing," Alex smirked.

"George... George is dead. He's dead. They're about to put him in the ground and the priest is doing classic rock lyrics, and that girl, that redhead, is crying harder than his mother. And she never even met him," Izzie laughed.

"You are far more twisted than I ever realized," Cristina said.

"And you got married on a Post-lt," Izzie pointed at Meredith and they all started laughing.

"I got married on a Post-lt. I did," Meredith laughed.

"And you guys got married for real," Cristina laughed, nudging Izzie's arm.

"I know! And I got cancer! What?!" Izzie laughed.

"O'Malley got hit by a bus," Alex laughed. They all laughed for a few minutes, slowly letting it fade out. They heard someone sobbing and looked to the side, seeing everyone was leaving. Amanda was sobbing as she passed them.

They all burst out laughing again, Erin holding onto Meredith as her cheeks started hurting from smiling.

"She never stops crying," Izzie laughed.

"Are you okay?" Jesse asked, stroking Erin's hair as they lay on the living room couch. They were covered in blankets, the Muppets Show playing quietly on the television. There were a few empty beer bottles that they'd drank on the table, half eaten donuts, curtesy of Arizona, dumped on a plate and a shared cup of warm tea now clutched between Erin's fingers.

"Yeah. I'm okay," Erin sighed.

"You'd tell me if you weren't, right?" he said.

"Yeah. I'd tell you," she said.

"Good," he said. He leaned down and kissed her temple. She smiled and closed her eyes, relaxing into the feeling of his nails scratching her scalp.

"Before you, I was with this guy called Rob," Erin said. Jesse hummed to say he was listening. "And Rob was a real sweetheart at first. And then I caught him cheating. We made up, he said it was a one time thing, and then I caught him again. We decided to do an open relationship, 'cause I wasn't all that crazy about him and with work, he was more of just sex relief than anything. But then we decided it wasn't working so we decided it would be just us two again," she said.

"Yeah," Jesse hummed.

"Rob was abusive after that. He said he'd kill me if I told anyone so I kept it a secret for like, eight months. And then I was at Elliot Bay responding to a ferry boat crash and a patient pushed me into the water. Meredith jumped after me but we drowned. We were found and revived, obviously, but my makeup had washed off so everyone found out. Rob was put in jail for eight years without parole and there's a lifelong restraining order," she said.