Fifteen

"I'm practising celibacy and knitting a sweater," Meredith dropped down on Erin's bed beside Erin. She looked up from the book she was reading, Rob looking over from his computer.

"Celibacy and a sweater?" Erin repeated.

"Yes," she said.

"Is this because of Derek?" Erin said.

"Everything is because of Derek," Meredith groaned. Erin laughed and put her book on the bedside table.

"Do you even know how to knit?" she said.

"Izzie's teaching me. You should do it with me, give me some sister solidarity," Meredith said.

"Oh, don't give Rob any more reasons to hide between his assistant's legs, Mermaid," Erin laughed. Rob blushed, looking back at his computer.

"Yeah, not a good idea," Meredith rolled her eyes. "I'm going to the bar with my sweater. Night," Meredith kissed Erin's cheek.

"Happy knitting," Erin said. Meredith winked and left her bedroom.

"Celibacy?" Rob said. Erin snorted.

"We could never," she said. Rob laughed and nodded.

"Never," he agreed.

"Erin! Erin, slow down!" Addison shouted. Erin turned around in surprise. She had been on her way to the toilet on her break but clearly, Addison had different plans for her.

"What's wrong?" Erin said.

"I need to tell you something. Derek sent me," she said.

"What's happened?" Erin asked.

"Doc's sick. He dropped him off at the vet this morning and he said Meredith will check on him tonight," she said. Erin pouted.

"Oh, no," she whispered. Addison's face softened.

"He'll be okay, Erin. Vets know what they're doing and he'll be okay," she said.

"Yeah," Erin said.

"Hey, what's with Meredith and her sweater? She was knitting in the bar last night and it was weird," Addison said.

"Oh, she's celibate now. She's knitting to control sexual urges," Erin said.

"We should give it a try," Addison said. Erin chuckled.

"Yeah, probably," she said.

"Where were you running to?" Addison asked. Erin blushed.

"Toilet. I've been in surgery all morning with Burke and Alex and I think I might go on the floor if I don't go right now. I'll be right back, wait there," Erin said. She darted into the toilet and had a wee, then washed her hands and stepped back outside.

"You were right back," Addison smiled. Erin chuckled.

"I told you," she said.

"Did you speak to Rob?" she asked.

"About what?" Erin frowned.

"Him ditching you for work," she said.

"Oh, that doesn't matter. I ditch him for work often enough," Erin said. She was lying about finding him cheating again, purely because she just didn't want to deal with the fuss that would come if she told anyone it had happened, again, and she still hadn't finished with him.

"I've got to go," Addison held up her beeping pager. "I hope Doc's okay," she said.

"Yeah, me too," Erin bit her lip, walking down the hallway opposite to Addison. She watched Erin go before shaking her head and walking to the lift.