Sixteen

"Derek, my darling, the one who holds all dear to my heart, my true friend and my occasional ride home," Erin slid into the MRI and CT booth, grinning at Derek as he examined a scan with Dr. Bailey and chief Webber.

"What do you want, Erin?" Derek grinned. Erin wrapped her arms around his shoulder.

"How do you know I want something?" she said.

"Because of my brotherly instincts. I have four sisters and three are younger. I know little sisters very well and I know you very well," he smirked. Erin grinned and sat down on the chair beside him.

"What do you want, Erin? I'm curious now," Webber said.

"Oh, nothing as interesting as you probably think. I want to come and visit Doc. I asked your wife, considering she finds me charming and can't refuse. I mean, I don't blame her. I am absolutely adorable. That's how I've wormed my way into everyone's lives so well. But she didn't listen to me. So, Doc? Can I visit, please?" Erin pouted, tugging on her hair lightly.

"You can visit as often as you want. I'll give you a ride after work, take you home, too," he said. Erin grinned and kissed his forehead.

"You are a knight in shining armour. You are the perfect brother I never had and hope to never have because boys are just, ugh," Erin pulled a face.

"Trouble in paradise with Rob?" Bailey asked.

"No, surprisingly. He is being good, for once. We set some real rules and I think it's gonna work out," Erin said.

"That's mature," Webber said.

"That's my new thing! Being mature. After my dad's wife cornered me and made me have another panic attack, Meredith told me to be mature and I'm kind of really hating it but loving it at the same time. I'm mature and honest about my feelings," she said.

"How's that working out for you?" Bailey grinned.

"Quite well. I do think I'll put my foot in it eventually because I did with Addison but I feel like a human instead of a robot for once and I am enjoying it so I'm gonna carry on," Erin said.

"I think I want to do a blood test and make sure she's not on drugs," Webber said.

"I'm not on drugs. I'm high on life," Erin said.

"Bailey," Webber said.

"I'm on it. Come on, Erin. We're gonna find out why you're so, uh, human-like today," Bailey said.

"I feel amazing! That's not something to change," Erin said, standing up anyway. She swayed on her feet slightly, grabbing onto Derek's shoulder to steady herself. "Woo, head rush. I haven't eaten yet. Haven't felt hungry for a few days, actually. I'm gonna go and get food," Erin said, walking out of the viewing suite.

"Erin, we need to do some tests!" Bailey shouted after her.

"After lunch!" Erin waved her hand dismissively, getting into the lift before Bailey could even respond.

"Tests," Bailey cornered Erin after lunch.

"I don't need tests. I'm on medication for my panic attacks so I'm just adjusting to the dosage," Erin said.

"I want the medication," Bailey held her hand out. Erin sighed and grabbed the medication box out of her pocket. She handed it to Bailey. "Okay, blood test. Now," she said.

"Bailey, I'm fine. I promise," Erin said.

"We'll see what your blood test says. Come on," she said. Erin groaned and followed her down the hallway.