Twenty

*Warning- descriptions of domestic abuse and mentions of sexual assault*

•if you suffer with any issues talked about in this chapter, please seek help with somebody you trust•

——————————

"Erin!" Meredith shouted. Erin turned and saw Meredith running towards her. "Addison is crying in the closet at the end of that corridor," Meredith pointed at the corridor she'd just left.

"Why?" Erin asked.

"Because of me showing up everywhere. My face in her head, my panties in Derek's pocket, me in the same closet that she's hiding in," Meredith said awkwardly.

"Okay," Erin said.

"Go and talk to her," Meredith said.

"She probably doesn't want to see me," Erin said.

"Why would she not?" Meredith said.

"Because we've barely spoken since she took that day off two weeks ago when you decided to date both Finn and Derek," Erin said.

"And? You've said from the start that you aren't involved. What can she say?" Meredith said. Erin shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess. Okay, thanks. Did you find Megan?"

"No, but I'll keep looking."

"Thanks," Erin kissed her cheek and ran down the hallway to the closet. She knocked twice and opened the door, closing it behind her.

"Erin, get out," Addison said.

"No. We're friends and I'm gonna sit here until you either tell me what's going on or feel a bit better after getting it all out," Erin said. She sat down on the floor beside Addison's upturned bucket and looked at her expectantly. "You can pick," she said.

"I can't have anything for myself now that your sister is around. She steals my Mchusband, my Mcdreamy, ruins my Mclife, my Mcdog is dead, and now I can't even cry in a fucking Mccloset without her sending you to get me to break down so you can tell her what I said," Addison snapped. Erin rolled her eyes.

"Meredith might've told me where you were but it's only because she's concerned. I know everything is horrible right now but you cheated on Derek with Mark. You were the one who acted and you're the one who is ultimately the catalyst for your divorce. Derek didn't help, he really didn't, but you can't blame Meredith for dating Derek when she had no idea he was married. And he picked you. And it didn't work out. It's shit, I get that, but for fuck sake, Addison, it's not Meredith's fault. It's not even Derek's. It's just how life works," Erin said.

"What do you know about life? You're just a child with mommy and daddy issues who would be nowhere without your sister to help you," Addison scoffed.

"You're pissed, so I'm not taking anything to heart," Erin rolled her eyes.

"I don't want you here!" Addison shouted.

"Well, I don't want you alone when you're sat crying in a closet! This is bullshit, Addison. Come on. You're Addison Forbes Montgomery, a double certification surgeon who saves babies and their mothers and you're an amazing teacher. You're my friend," Erin said. Addison glared at her.

"We aren't friends," she said.

"Okay," Erin said. She looked at her shoes and shrugged. "You still need someone here to make sure you're okay," Erin said.

"I slept with Mark," Addison said.

"I know?" Erin frowned.

"No. Last night. I slept with him last night. I didn't come to you, I didn't even think about you. I picked Mark," Addison said. Erin looked up at her. Addison was clearly hurting, that was why she was hurting Erin, but she wasn't lying. She was being completely honest and that hurt Erin a lot more than Rob's hands could.