♡ Part 127: to the top ♡

4 DAYS LATER (April 18th)

TO NARUTO

naruto: and you're telling me that you're better than me? c'mon, let's be honest, we both know i'm better than you when it comes to this 'ttebayo

shion: i don't think so, naruto-kun. you're not taking in the fact that i might just be better than you because you haven't seen me do this before. 

naruto smirked. 

naruto: wanna do it together?

shion's cheeks tinted a bright shade of red which caused the blonde boy's smirk to widen. he happily wrapped an arm around her the moment she gave a small nod─ and in the near distance, sakura and sasuke just watched with their jaws dropped. 

sasuke: ew. 

sakura: it's cute. 

sasuke: naruto being like that? yeah, no. 

his voice was toneless which caused sakura to believe him for a second, although once she glanced towards his face she noticed his ever so faint smile that he tried really hard to hide. it was obvious that he was happy for naruto, he just didn't know how to express it. 

sakura: anyways, stop arguing about who can get to the top of the hill first and let's just start hiking! i heard from karin that there was a really nice waterfall on the way to the top. 

sasuke drank from the water bottle he stole from sakura and nodded his head easily. 

sasuke: let's go. 

naruto and shion smiled towards each other for a second and the 4 of them went on their small hiking trip together. it was a saturday, a day where they didn't have to worry about homework or school because they had already finished their work the night before. 

shion wanted to get to know naruto and his closest friends more, and so the ultimate trio tagged along with her to a hiking trip that for some odd reason, seemed to be more like a double date than anything else. 

naruto: it's so sunny and bright, right shion?

shion reciprocated a nod and a smile before picking her speed up and forcing naruto to follow up with her. sasuke and sakura remained a few meters behind them and they chatted with contentment. 

sasuke: i don't think i can play it like how itachi does, but i know a little bit of it. 

sakura: and that's still pretty good. you're not that bad, or at least i don't think you are when it comes to the piano. itachi's been teaching you lately, right?

the raven nodded and glanced down to their feet that were synced in movements. 

sasuke: he said i should know the basics of the piano, hmph. 

sakura flickered her attention to his face and cocked a brow. 

sakura: you, sasuke, a hockey player playing the piano? i don't think it's possible. 

sasuke's eye twitched as he slowly turned his head to her. 

sakura: but then again. 

her face settled into a tranquil expression. 

sakura: you're sasuke, you made a lot of things possible that i didn't think were. 

sasuke stared at sakura and could feel her genuine feelings reaching him. 

this wasn't like before when their feelings couldn't reach each other despite only being a few steps away, they were now side by side, hands linked in with one another, and their feelings were easily tying them together as if it were an inconspicuous string.