♡ Part 90: reached him ♡

TO SASUKE

he didn't know what he was supposed to do and his feet wouldn't move from their current position. 

'c'mon...move'

he didn't want to stay here anymore because he didn't want to be a distraction for sakura if she saw him. the only person that should be there for her when she cries is naruto, not him. 

but nonetheless, it hurt him more than ever to see sakura crying when she thinks she's 'alone'

TO SAKURA

she didn't know who she'd disappoint next. she kept her hands on her face and rested on her knees as she quietly cried through frustration. 

'so pathetic...'

as she cried, she heard a small sound come from out the rink and it was easy for her to hear because with her alone, there shouldn't be much noise to be made in the first place. as she removed her hands from her face just before wiping her tears away from her eyes with her sleeve, she cocked her head to the side and she squinted her eyes to get a better look at whoever was standing there. 

once she wiped away all of her tears that caused her eyesight to be slightly blurry, she realized exactly who it was

sasuke: .....

'dammit...'

he was caught.

sakura: .....

she quickly stood up and her ankles began to tremble as she stared at his figure. 

he was her former lover--- the person she thought she would have an everlasting relationship with. but clearly, she was proven wrong. 

although, she needed to know the reason why she was proven wrong. 

sakura: sasuke

her voice was serious, but it was shaky. she skated her way to him slowly and she noticed the way onyx widened for a second before readjusting to it's uninterested look. 

sasuke: what?

his voice was in it's usual monotonous drawl, but that only brought emerald eyes to become a seething gaze of some sort as it stared at him. she was going to find the answer to her questions and even though it hurts while looking at him, she was still going to do it

sakura: we used to be so close

sasuke: ....

sakura stood on the ice and just barely a meter away from the rim of the rink while sasuke stood a meter away from the rink's rim on the other side. 

sakura: we used to be... lovers

she really tried to stay serious, but she just couldn't. her seething gaze changed into a saddened one as she watched the way sasuke stare at her with no interest at all

sakura: i didn't like you at first, sasuke. you were so mean and we always bickered for awhile because you were so hotheaded and i was so stuck up with my pride. 

an empty chuckle escaped her lips

sakura: before i even realized it, i started to like it. we became friends and for a short amount of time i really thought we could keep that up. you became nicer, i became more accepting and we were great friends

sasuke: get to the point, sakura

the pinkette frowned

sakura: does this mean nothing to you?

sasuke: .....hmph

sakura: before i knew it, i liked you. when sasori came back i knew he would want to reestablish what him and i had as kids. we loved each other, maybe more than what i could understand at that time. but that didn't matter to me!