♡ Part 118: faith ♡

TO SAKURA

sakura: something you need to tell me?

she questioned as she stared at her parents. things were confusing, and she was unaware of why her parents took the time to comeback to konoha instead of calling, and why sasori sat beside his own parents and in her living room. 

kizashi: well sit down first, i hate speaking when i'm standing

mebuki: stop lying dear, you do it all the time. 

kizashi: only for you. 

sakura almost gagged but she maintained her calmness and took a seat as told. she sat beside sasori and he flashed her a faint smirk, and she in return gave a small smile. 

mebuki: so your birthday is coming up! kakashi informed us that you're his successor for the national hockey team and we were just so proud to hear that! you've grown up, sakura. 

the woman spoke with a soft voice and sakura couldn't believe what she was hearing. for years her parents had gone away for their job interests and left her with kakashi. things were rough at first but sakura enjoyed living with kakashi. 

sakura: thanks mom. 

sasori: my parents wanted to congratulate you too. 

and so, a small party was held for sakura for her birthday and accomplishments. this was something she hadn't expected to happen, but nevertheless she was happy to have such a great family and good friend like sasori to be able to take care of her as much as they did right at this moment. 

mebuki: -whisper- we can tell sasori and sakura in a bit, alright?

sasori's mom: -whisper- alright

TO SASUKE

sasuke: hmph

naruto: that looks so good 'ttebayo! almost as good as me.

hidan: you're one romantic guy, but you still look like a tomato

shikamaru: you're less of a drag

sasuke shook his head and took the odd but nice compliments from his friends. hidan had recently joined their group and started spending more time together, which none of the other boys minded. 

sasuke: i don't know how i'm supposed to wrap the gift

shikamaru: you don't, you just give it. 

the nara yawned and leaned his head onto his hands as he laid down on the floor of sasuke's room. hidan and naruto sat on sasuke's bed and the raven simply stayed on his feet. 

naruto: just give it to her like that, it won't seem like something you'd normally do if you wrap it up. 

hidan: in other words, trying too hard to make things perfect isn't something an idiot like you would do. 

the insults only got worse and worse. 

sasuke: am i not supposed to try?

hidan: it's creepy when you try

the silver haired moron and the idiotic blonde fist bumped as the raven rolled his eyes. 

sasuke: get out, i need to take a shower. 

one by one, sasuke dragged each of them out of his room and the last one was shikamaru. sasuke sighed as he bent down and dragged the nara out by his hair. 

hidan: that's my job

he crossed his arms and shikamaru simply scoffed. 

shikamaru: you really don't know when to shut up, do you.