♡ Part 76: broken bonds ♡

AFTER SCHOOL

TO SASUKE

pushed to the floor, naruto used his thumb to wipe the blood that trickled down from his lips. 

sasuke: ......after everything.

the raven threw naruto's crutches to the other side of the change room, making it hit against the lockers and causing a loud sound. he grabbed naruto by his hockey jersey and pulled him up so that they could be at eye level. the anger that surged through the uchiha was overflowing the air. 

sasuke: after everything i did, she still thinks of you!

naruto: j-just...wait please

the ache in naruto's ankle felt like it was getting worse by the second. 

sasuke: it was you...... it was you that always got in between us!

he pushed naruto to the lockers that were close by, and caused another loud bang. 

sasuke: why......

naruto had no words to relay to his best friend, the betrayal was practically visible in his voice. 

although what worried naruto was that sasuke, his best friend's, actions at the moment resembled to the old sasuke that he thought was left behind before he began to date sakura. this realization made naruto's lips press hard into a thin line and let his ocean eyes ice over. 

sasuke: i don't want to hurt you...

the raven grabbed the closest thing to him and used it to hit naruto. it broke it half right away and naruto practically fell to the floor from the impact. his eyes were squeezed shut and he bit his bottom lip. he silently and hopelessly took the anger that sasuke gave to him in hopes of letting sasuke finally let all of his feelings out, yet hoping that sasuke would realize that this isn't him. 

that he doesn't need to hurt anyone, but naruto sadly smiled to himself. 

'who am i to tell him to not hurt anyone...'

sasuke: but you.... you kissed her and now i lost her!

naruto: teme...

the raven couldn't handle hearing naruto call out to him at the moment, before he could pick naruto up again to land another punch on him, the door to the change rooms were shot open and kakashi was the first one to come running in and soon followed by shikamaru and the others. the group of hockey players looked around to see that everything was a mess.

a few of the lockers had a few dents, ripped clothes were scattered and there was one thing that caught everyone's attention. 

there was a hockey stick that was snapped in half and was laying on the ground coldly.  the half where the players would hold it was on naruto's side while the side that was meant to control the hockey puck was beside sasuke. sasuke's side of the stick was longer than naruto's. 

kakashi: .....

he shook his head in disappointment and brought himself to stand in between the two members. 

kakashi: sasuke, go home. 

everyone's eyes widened, including naruto's.

kakashi: i'll have a word with you in regards of your consequences tomorrow after your first class. pack your things, and go

the raven didn't try to argue with his coach. his voice was stern and angered---- the bluntness of his sharp voice left no room for argument in the thin and cold air. onyx eyes met ocean blue for a second before grabbing his backpack and leaving in silence.