♡ Part 98: captain ♡

TO SASUKE

ROUND 1:

they played to their fullest extent with excitement surging through their stomachs. they were the first team along with suna to compete, and they couldn't have asked for a better opportunity to show off their skills right from the start. 

....

sasuke silently made his way out of the rink along with his teammates as frowns creased their faces. 

naruto: 18 to 10, we messed up real bad y'know.

kiba: i can't believe we lost to suna, man. 

there was no emotion to be detected from sasuke, but it was that reason that made naruto's frown increase even more. he could tell that this loss was affecting them all, including sasuke---- but keeping a cool face wasn't going to make him feel any better

the blonde placed a hand on his best friend's back once they took their seat's in their designated team area. 

naruto: you can be mad too y'know

sasuke: hmph

the raven grabbed naruto's water bottle and took a sip from it before pushing it towards the owner of it. 

sasuke: i'm captain, i need to focus. gloating won't do any of us any good

there was a sense of determination that came from his toneless voice which caused naruto to smile. 

sasuke really did value hockey. 

naruto smiled

naruto: 'kay!

TO TEMARI

temari: what the fuck!

hinata: k-kiba-kun must be m-mad

ino: i can't believe they lost to suna, i never knew temari's brothers were so good. 

tenten: i hope they're not taking it too seriously. i mean, it's just a game right?

temari shook her head and continued to stare to the ice where their school and her brothers' school had their one and only showdown of the tournament. hockey--- it was a concept that even temari could see that mattered a lot to them. especially sakura, sasuke, shikamaru and naruto.

it was a part of their souls that they couldn't detach from themselves and so, with pride, they embraced it. 

although still, sakura wasn't here

temari: they will take it seriously. 

TO SAKURA

'sasuke......'

she sighed as she quickened her pace.

TO SHIKAMARU

the games continued and konoha high continued to watch with anxious stomachs

shikamaru: we lost against suna, what a drag. 

he yawned as suigetsu laced his fingers above his head and stared at the 2 teams that were currently playing. 

suigetsu: it's a league so we have 3 more chances to go but with the other teams. but still, those 10 shots we made went to waste.  

their whole team sighed but sasuke

kakashi: we'll be versing iwa high in the next round, prepare yourselves. 

the masked man peered down to his seated student who had a face that never dared to betray any bitter feelings