♡ Part 112: useless ♡

AFTER SCHOOL

TO KAKASHI

sakura: give it another try kiba, it's the not the end of the match yet!

the pinkette yelled across the gym with a stern voice that echoed and bounced off the walls. kakashi currently stood a few meters behind sakura with his back leaned against the wall and arms tightly crossed as he observed the way she handled the team. 

he told her this was just to see if she was capable of holding up a practice with the team, but that actually wasn't the case. he knew sakura was capable─ he just wanted sakura to realize that. she was a strong girl at heart, and that was what the team needed the most. 

kakashi didn't think of himself as an old man, he just wanted sakura to live the dream she's been hiding herself away from. 

sakura: sai, don't drag your hockey stick on the floor! 

sai: okay!

the masked man watched as the pinkette had her arms tightly crossed under her chest and he could tell that her face must've been stern and stiff, just like tsunade's. 

tsunade and sakura were very similar, but they didn't need to have the same fate. 

sakura: .......

she was the pillar of the team. 

TO SAKURA

managing the team wasn't as hard as she thought and now that she was actually paying attention to improve the team instead of paying attention to support the team, she's starting to realize a few things that they could work on and things they can become better at with the help she could offer. 

although, was she really cut out for this?

sakura: faster, lee!

she released one of her crossed arms and brought her fist for her chin to rest on. 

there's work that's needed to be done and she can help, but how much help can she give before she becomes useless to them? 

she looked up to the time on the scoreboard and saw that there was only a minute left of their practice match. 

sakura: get your hair out of your face, neji! next time tie your hair back!

green eyes traveled towards a specific raven and her stiff face slightly softened

sasuke: naruto!

naruto: leave it to me!

with sasuke, naruto scored a goal for their team and smiles crept onto all their faces. the scoring team snapped their heads to the pinkette to see what she had to say about their goal, and soon their faces brightened even more than what it already had been. 

her response to their goal was a simple nod of approval and a shining smile. 

sasuke's smile fell into a sweet one as he stared at her. 

she was going to lead their team no matter what it would take, and she was more than capable of doing so. 

.........

kakashi: alright, all the players join up in the middle. 

he placed a hand onto sakura's shoulder and gave a closed eye smile

kakashi: you did great

the two of them made their way to meet up with the players and their coach stuffed his hands into his pockets

kakashi: that was a great practice, and i didn't expect anything less from any of you. 

obsidian eyes flickered sakura's way for a moment before flashing back to the players