♡ Part 129: fun ♡

(For some odd reason, Wattpad didn't give out proper notifs for my last update. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do! Enjoy today's update!♡)

10 DAYS LATER (April 28th)

TO SAKURA

watching the hockey game was like watching sasuke, she couldn't get enough of it─ except the only difference between the two was that the latter was what she loved more than the other. 

sakura rested her elbows against the rim of the skating rink, emerald eyes trailing over each person that gracefully skated onto the ice and forming snow from their blades. the air was crisp and reminded her of the winter that she shared with sasuke, a winter that was simply compacted with chaos and love. 

sakura: you can do it! i know you can!

simple words of kindness was all that she could do right now for the team. 

sakura: sasuke, there's a reason why you're captain so make the most of it!

however for sasuke, she could do much more than just that. she resided herself beside kakashi and the two of them awaited for the ending result of this match between konoha high and suna high, the schools with the most rivalry in all regions.

kakashi: sasuke is doing much better than before with his duties of captaincy, i figured you had something to do with it. 

the masked man dug his hands deep into his pockets and let his masked lips curve upwards. 

kakashi: but i could be wrong. 

sakura: he's always doing his best so that means he's only going to get better every time he has to take charge of the team. 

a warm sensation spread through sakura's hands and brought her attention to the silver that rested on her wrist. 

sakura: he knows what he's doing. 

the buzzer went off in the arena and the crowd's cheers were mesmerizing. sakura glanced towards the scoreboard and noticed that their team just gained another point, which meant that the half time period was bound to come in the next 2 minutes. the large screen portrayed a close-up onto sasuke's chiseled features which brought her to smile.

she couldn't wait to embrace the boy she loved. 

TO SASUKE

naruto: you did it!

the blonde boy slapped the back of his best friend which in return acquired a sweet smile and nod from his best friend. sasuke scored his 15th point in the game and they were ahead of suna by 6 points. 

sasuke: we have two minutes left until we get our half-time break, make the most of it. 

naruto's grin grew wider as he drew himself closer to where his position was supposed to be. 

naruto: wouldn't think of doing anything else y'know!

the countdown began and they started their next round. the game was swift and easy, suna was trying their best to at least get themselves tied with konoha although the skills of their rivals was just impeccable to it's fullest degree.

kankuro: gaara, don't give up yet!

the boy with the makeup skated his way towards the goal zone of the other team and his face was of all emotions that tied in with determination. 

kankuro: we're not done yet!

gaara skated in a trudging manner with his hand just barely gripping onto his hockey stick. he didn't want to continue to play hockey due to the fact that it just wasn't fun anymore for him. there wasn't a sense of determination that could be found, there wasn't a spark in the puck for him that everyone else seemed to see, there wasn't that joy that everyone else seemed to take a hold of.