♡ Part 79: he's gone ♡

TO SAKURA

all eyes were on her, making the ambiance turn cold and unpleasant. 

sakura: just stop

ino felt anger rage in her. 

'why is she defending them?! sasuke hurt her!'

ino: sakura, it's the truth. they're just whores....

sakura: ino, don't

naruto stared at sakura with knitted brows. she was always the one to step in and help people, but now wasn't the time for her to do that. she needed to let people say what they had to say because sasuke needed to know. if he didn't find it out the hard way, he wouldn't have the easy way. 

sakura: calling people out is just wrong... so wrong y'know. leave them alone and let them do their own dirty work in secret if that's how they like it.

it was at that moment where everyone realized why she spoke in the first place. 

sakura: sometimes doing it in secret hurts less people

sasuke: wouldn't you know, sakura

everyones heads snapped towards the raven, but sakura still faced her back towards him.

sasuke: kissing my best friend seemed to be better if it were kept secret, right? hmph

he crossed his arms and leaned further into his chair

sasuke: pathetic

sakura: the only pathetic one here, is you sasuke. 

everyone's eyes widened and were left to let their jaws drop

naruto: -whisper- sakura, it's okay..... you don't need to prove anything

sakura: you're just a manipulator, sasuke. you trick people into thinking that you're a good person at heart and is trying to be a good person..... but in reality, you're just as scum as karin. 

ino's smirk replaced itself onto her lips

sakura: you're no better than scum, you might even be worse

sasuke: and what does that make you, trash? 

this was a scene that brought people to many different emotions. sasuke and sakura used to be so close---- after tenten and neji, they were known to have a very close relationship and be very intimate. however, this current situation said otherwise

they were having a calm argument but their seething gazes showed all of their emotions. they were both angry but tried their best to refrain from exposing it. 

sakura: even if i am trash---

naruto: you're not trash, you're a good friend and the best girlfriend that no one deserves, including sasuke. 

at this point, everyone's jaws were dropped to the floor. this was a scene that was once in a lifetime and certainly something that no one wanted to miss. 

although there was pain surging through the trio's hearts at the moment

sakura: sasuke, you......

she sighed

sakura: this isn't worth arguing about

sasuke: you're right, it isn't. 

even though the pinkettes back faced the class, she could hear that someone stood up from their chair. 

sasuke: none of this is worth it, including trying to figure things out with you. 

ino and hinata's faces began to shift from satisfied to worried ones. they were hoping that this wasn't going where it seemed like it was. 

sasuke: i'm breaking up with you

everyone's smiles decreased. as he stood up, grabbed his bag and dragged his feet to the door, inevitably causing all eyes to trail to sakura. her eyes widened and her hands grew cold. 

naruto: ......

shikamaru: ......

ino: ......

hinata: .....

'is this really happening? right here and now?'

everyone thought of the same thing as they stared at her back. 

her eyes began to trickle tears in their corners as she bit her bottom lip. 

sakura: ......is that what you really want?

silence. 

sasuke: hmph

before he could leave the classroom, the door was shot open and revealed their sensei that took too long to come back. as he observed his students, he noticed that many of their expressions varied, but were similar to each others

sad, terrified, confused, worried. 

although the only face he couldn't see was sakuras

kakashi: take your seat sasuke, class will begin now.

sasuke gritted his teeth as he forcefully dragged himself back to his seat. sakura slowly sat down and her head was drooping lower than it should be. 

kakashi: .....

he noticed the odd atmosphere

kakashi: the homework i assigned to all of you yesterday, raise your hand if you didn't complete it

no one raised their hand even if they didn't do it because the awkward silence was oddly too loud for all of them to hear kakashi. he sighed

kakashi: complete tasks....

he stopped talking the moment he watched sakura squeeze her eyes shut and silently let her tears flow down her cheeks. 

kakashi: complete tasks 1-6 from your textbooks on page 454. saku---

sakura: kakashi-sensei, can i go to the w-washroom?

kakashi: go ahead

all eyes were on her as she quickly shot to her feet and practically ran to the door to leave the room. sasuke watched her silently and felt a shock of pain run through his veins. 

was this really what he wanted?

hinata: kakashi-sensei... c-can i go t-too?

the masked man gave her a firm nod and she quickly left as well. 

TO NARUTO

'that damn bastard...... that.....damn'

he internally sighed as he replayed the current situation in his head. his eyes trailed down to his desk as he remembered the words sasuke uttered. the sasuke he knew would have never broken up with her, the sasuke he knew was head over heels for her no matter what she did. 

naruto looked back to see that sasuke was already staring at him. the moment their eyes locked, they both looked away and felt shocks of pain surge through them again. 

'......teme....... you damn bastard'

TO HINATA

she ran after her best friend to help her. she wouldn't let sakura suffer alone, that was something that she would never let happen. she truly loved sakura, she truly admired her for the things she did and if she let her suffer alone now, then what kind of best friend would she be?

she wouldn't let sakura feel the pain that she didn't deserve. 

once she made her way into the washroom that she was sure that sakura was in, she slammed the door open to see an image she never wished to see. sakura's hands were pressed against one of the sinks of the washroom, her head was ducked down and her pink hair was covering her face. her body slightly trembled and hinata could see the way her fingers desperately held onto what she was grasping onto. 

she was broken, and she was desperately trying to keep herself together. 

the ravenette quickly made her way to the pinkette and used her fingers to tuck sakuras hair behind her ear. the moment she did, she noticed the tears that continuously trickled down her cheeks and the pain that was practically branded on her skin

sakura: he's gone.... h-he ended it all.