♡ Part 121: intimacy ♡

sasuke: hmph. 

he grabbed a hold of her wrist again and stared at the way the silver of her new bracelet complimented her soft skin. the pink camellia pendant swayed like a charm and gently moved whenever sakura moved. 

sakura: let me put yours on. 

sasuke: hmph. 

the pinkette retrieved the other jewelry box from her lover and opened it right away. her eyes softened, he was so sweet to her and she was so happy that she could say that sasuke was her beloved. 

sakura: wait, what's this?

when she picked the bracelet up from it's resting place, she noticed that at the back of the pendant, it said a name. 

sakura: uchiha sasuke? wait!

she glanced to the back of her camellia pendant and her eyes widened. her top and bottom lip parted although nothing escaped, sasuke noticed this and chuckled. 

sasuke: it says uchiha sakura. 

sakura was absolutely speechless, there were simply no words she could utter to the raven. 

sasuke: i said that we're almost in our senior year of high school─

sakura: oh kami-sama

sasuke: ─and our love isn't cliché, so a promise ring wasn't something i'd give you. you're worth more than that, our love is worth more than that, so i wanted to get something that symbolized our love, not our relationship. 

it all finally made sense to sakura and she cocked her head up from the bracelet to meet sasuke's gaze. it was soft and gentle, only feelings of sincerity could be detected from them. 

sasuke: naruto's annoying jokes are endless, and our love is too. 

sakura chuckled through her tears and nodded to the reference he made with their best friend. 

sakura: even when you're trying to be nice, you're still mean. 

she chuckled a bit more and he joined her. with one arm wrapped around each other, they leaned against the bench's rest and enjoyed their affectionate silence. sakura slowly buckled sasuke's bracelet onto his wrist and tangled her fingers with his once she finished. 

hanami day was sasuke's favourite day of the year. 

hanami day was sakura's favourite day of the year. 

this day, was their day. 

TO KAKASHI

kakashi: and that's why i can't allow it. 

mebuki sighed and took a sip from her tea. 

mebuki: what is it in sasuke that you have so much faith in? sasori is a good boy too y'know. 

the masked man shook his head. 

kakashi: sakura's friends with many different boys who are kind to her, and for the most part they have their priorities straight. of course, not including naruto. 

he chuckled. 

kakashi: but sasuke is the best for her, he truly loves her and she loves him. not only that, but the boy she ends up being with doesn't have to be 'perfect', he just needs to be perfect for her. 

kizashi: well, i don't see a problem with letting sasuke and sakura date. 

mebuki: this may sound odd, but when we came back for sakura's birthday, i didn't feel too sure about sasuke.