♡ Part 94: Shikamaru needs her ♡

NEXT DAY (January 21st) [DAY OF TOURNAMENT]

TO SHIKAMARU

shikamaru opened his eyes and was too tired to even let out a yawn at this point. 

that's how much hidan annoyed him last night. 

the nara slept on the floor while hidan slept on his own bed like the princess he thought he was and memories from the night before kept flashing through his head. 

all he could do was sigh

FLASHBACK

4pm

hidan: fucking move!

shikamaru: ....

the nara did as he was told and moved over so that hidan could open the front door to his house with his key. 

hidan: don't make yourself at fucking home. if you spill anything, i'll rip your ball sack off. 

shikamaru: note taken

hidan: smoking isn't allowed in my house either

hidan expected a lazy retort but instead he was met with silence. he pushed the door open and looked to his side to see why shikamaru didn't say anything to his comment. although it was right then where hidan smiled once he saw the smile of the nara

shikamaru: i don't carry those anymore

hidan looked down

hidan: because of the pink chick?

shikamaru: ...yeah

shikamaru went inside of hidan's house and think about how much sakura had done for him. with every smile, every word, every punch---- sakura helped him in more ways than she could ever even think she did. she was the person who showed him the light that he lacked for years. 

his experience in his sophomore year that almost made him end his life never happened because he stopped himself, but the feelings always lingered deep beneath him. now, being in his junior year, things changed.

before shikamaru could even realize it, those feelings were replaced with the desire to keep living.

he wanted to live to continue to be by sakura's side and with her grace, she made him realize that not only did he have her in his life that would make him want to continue to live--- but also have people like naruto, sasuke, hidan and a few others. 

to put it simply, sakura stopped him from slowly killing himself even though for awhile, he thought he was already dead. 

hidan: she really means a lot to you, yeah?

shikamaru's lips formed a soft smile

shikamaru: yeah. 

7pm

hidan: i'm gonna fucking kill you!

shikamaru: you bumped into me

hidan groaned from annoyance

hidan: now it looks like someone pissed on my bedsheets

shikamaru's lips formed a satisfied smile. little did hidan know that shikamaru purposely spilled his juice just to annoy him. 

11pm

shikamaru: .....

the nara blinked and stared down at the bedding hidan set up for him on the floor

shikamaru: seriously?

hidan: you're not a damn princess, this is the best you're getting you fucking moronic moron