♡ Part 131: Gaara and Sasuke ♡

NEXT DAY (May 1st)

TO SASUKE

naruto: gaa-ra! gaa-ra! gaa-ra!

the blonde boy hoisted himself with a great smile and led the apprentice of sasuke through the arena and showed him what it was like to train with his team. sasuke watched with sakura by his side while tying the laces of his skates. 

sakura: so that's the plan? got it. 

sasuke: hmph. 

the raven pushed himself up from the bench and made his way to the rim of the rink, he glanced around to see how the rest of the team was fairing and to his dismay, it was better than every other day. 

there were less insults being thrown around, although sasuke didn't like how silent it was. 

kakashi: we're starting the practice now, everyone get on the ice. 

the players nodded their heads and sakura paced her way to the rim of the rink where the newcomer resided. his teal eyes stayed onto sasuke, although when noticing the approach of the pinkette, his body stiffened and he snapped his head to her

sakura: i'm usually at their practices, don't worry. 

she chuckled and leaned her elbows against the rim of the rink. 

sakura: how often does your team hold practices?

gaara: 3 times a week. 

sakura: oh, so it's the same as us. 

the boy nodded solemnly and figured that sakura was someone prominent in the team. he could vaguely remember the way sasuke hugged her during the biggest tournament of the year a few months ago, and she seemed to be very close with the coach as well. 

gaara: sakura, can i ask you something?

sakura reciprocated with a smile and he took that as his cue to continue. his eyes were serious and his expression revealed nothing but confusion. 

gaara: why is uchiha-san the way he is?

a moment of silence passed, the players began their training and sakura let out a little laugh. gaara blinked, he couldn't acknowledge what it was that seemed to make her laugh, although when she stood up straight and crossed her arms, he couldn't look away. 

sakura: when you ask like that it sounds like there's something wrong with him. 

her smile softened. 

sakura: sasuke wasn't always the way he is now, he was once an annoying little loser with nothing better to him than his skills for hockey. 

gaara's eyes widened. 

sakura: but, sasuke learned what it meant to have fun with the people that surrounded him. he was almost lonely if you took naruto and shikamaru away from him, but now he's different. he doesn't care about the ending result, he cares about the way he got to the end. 

green eyes subconsciously peered down to a silver bracelet. 

sakura: he doesn't care if he loses, he just wants to make the most of what he has in the moment. 

'in the moment..'

gaara's eyes narrowed. 

 gaara: what's going on in the moment?

sakura's expression was rather frail now and he felt as though he pushed a button he didn't see. she turned her head to gaara and noticed that he was already looking at her, her face softened into a closed-eye smile.