Soldier

Lee was training with another soldier as he had his fists up and stepped to the side as the other soldier went to attack. Lee moved as he back kicked the other man in his lower back with his heel but grabbed him by the back of his collar before he fell.

"Gotta be faster than that jay," Lee chuckled dropping him.

"For a non bender your not to bad," jay huffed as he pushed himself off the ground. They looked over seeing Zuko sharpening the knife he had as no one was training with him.

"You taking that kid under your wing or something Lee?" Jay asked raising a brow at him. He cringed a little at the boys scar that showed on his face.

"I don't know man, the kid has no one else, I wasn't going too but there's something about him," Lee crossed his arms. "He's stubborn,"

"I can tell," jay chuckled.

"He's a kid, I'm not going to special treat him but I'm not going to let him die, I just know something really bad happened, I can tell," he pursed his lips glancing at Zuko again.

"The scar should tell you enough," jay snorted but gasped when Lee put his foot behind him and grabbed his neck to make him fall back.

"He's one of us, don't let that scar define him," Lee whispered in his ear and jay wheezed with the wind knocked out of him.

Zuko looked over at the two but looked back down at his uncles knife. He sighed softly standing up and walked over to Lee, he didn't look happy as he put the knife away and crossed his arms in front of Lee.

"Have something to say boy?" Lee asked. Zuko immediately shut his mouth and shook his head.

"Teach me how to fight," Zuko said sternly.

Lee looked at jay unamused, the other soldier chuckled putting his hands up slowly backing away.

"I know your not talking to me," Lee looked down at him smirking.

"I need to know how to fight, I'm not a very good fire bender," Zuko clenched his fists glaring.

"I'm not a bender," he said flatly.

"I didn't ask if you would train me in bending, I asked about fighting," the boy snapped at him but Lee's smile grew.

"You didn't ask at all Zuko," the brunette cocked his head to the side.

Zuko glared with a challenge as Lee found it amusing almost. Like a baby saber moose lion.

"Ask nicely," he smirked.

This enraged the baby moose lion.

Zuko raised his fist but Lee stepped out of the way as Zuko missed the punch.

"You call yourself a bender? Yikes bucko," Lee snorted. Zuko growled as he spun his foot to the side and knocked Lee down into a tree.

"So maybe punches and hand to hand aren't your thing," Lee rubbed his side.

"Alright so if you stay lighter on your toes and think faster, do a few push ups, you'll be able to fight a child," Lee brushed himself off, he ran at Zuko and instead of throwing a fist he knocked his elbow into zukos throat.

"But not for a while," he smiled as Zuko coughed harshly at the jab to his throat.

"What-what the hell?" Zuko wheezed.

"You wanted to learn how to fight? I'll start teaching when you ask properly, till then I'm just going to kick your ass," Lee hummed and waited for Zuko to collect himself again.