Stayed

Katara snuck off while Zuko was sleeping to update hai and get fresh water to bring back, as well as some food that would be easy for Zuko to eat. She hoped he'd be sleeping still when she got back.

The building itself was so old and looked like it was haunted almost. She sighed going up the stairs hearing every creak every step up to the door. She tried to be as quiet as possible when entering the apartment again but saw the bed empty.

That sneaky bastard.

Katara set the water bucket down and the food on the counter not knowing where the sick teen went. Till she heard him throwing up in the bathroom and heavy coughing following.

"Zuko?! Hey open the door!" Katara ran over and knocked frantically but could hear him still throwing up.

"Zuko let me in come on," she tried open the door but it was locked.

Her heart raced as she didn't hear anything for a few minutes, did he pass out again? Did he hit his head if he passed out?

"Zuko I have water, come out," Katara knocked again.

He finally opened the door looking paler than before and stumbled to the bed before laying down again. Barely giving her a second glance and coughed into his hand.

"Sorry," he coughed.

"Here," Katara poured water into a cup and handed it to him.

Zuko slowly sat up but was still wobbly, he chugged the water immediately but the empty cup slipped from his hand when he tried to set it down and shattered against the floor.

"You okay?" Katara was surprised how fast it all happened.

"You should go," Zuko put a hand over his face. "It's gonna get worse,"

"Zuko you shouldn't be alone when your this sick, you keep passing out and barely can stand," she picked up the pieces of the broken cup as he gripped the bed tightly trying to hold himself up.

"It's fine," he whispered.

"No it's not, we're friends, I won't leave you in this state," Katara told him calmly while she threw the cup away but turned around when Zuko started to cough again, his body shaking.

"Lay back down," she sighed, she felt bad for how sick he got. He laid on his side facing her but didn't go back to sleep.

"You conscious?" Katara raised a brow sitting on the bed.

"I'm dizzy," he huffed.

"Katara?" He looked at her exhausted.

"Yea?" She gulped.

"Did lee or commander give you anything? They usually have herbs or medicine in the infirmary," Zuko asked quietly almost sounding like a child.

"Zuko you know they're not here right?" Katara whispered touching his hair to keep it out of his eyes and off his face.

"Are we already in the infirmary?" He asked.

"... yea, they said they're gonna be gone for a little while so just rest," she couldn't tell him, if he's hallucinating she didn't want to scare him, make him go through all his grief again.

"I just want to go home," he leaned against her.

"I'm so tired, I want to go home and see everyone, I miss them, even zula sometimes," Zuko mumbled and Katara barely could make out what he was saying but nodded anyways.

"I'm sorry, not yet, I want to go home too," she whispered stroking his hair.

"I'm not allowed home," he gulped sounding devastated. But his voice kept getting softer and softer as he mumbled, must've been falling back asleep.