Lost

"Where's appa?"

Zuko set a hand on the blind girls shoulder, making sure she wasn't hurt, she used him to stand back up while sand blew around them when the wind picked up.

"The sand benders, it all happened to fast..." she gulped and explained to everyone how the bison was stolen from her. Aang felt hot tears of anger run down his face.

"How could you let them take appa!?" Aang yelled at her.

"Why didn't you stop them?!" He barked.

"I couldn't! The library was sinking!  You guys are still inside and-" "you couldve come to get us, I could've saved him!" Aang got in tophs face but Zuko stepped in front of her with a glare.

"Yelling isn't going to do anyone good, back off," Zuko looked down at the avatar.

"She already said she couldn't see well in the sand, what the fuck was she suppose to do!?" He raised his voice making Katara now walk over to the argument. Aang flinched at the tone still afraid of the firebenders rage but the avatars own anger still boiled.

"They snuck up on me and there wasn't time to go get you," Toph tried to explain but the avatar only saw red.

"You just didn't care! You never liked appa! You wanted him gone!" Aang screamed but Katara pulled him back now.

"Aang stop it," Katara mothered him seeing it was to heated now.

"Toph did all she could and you know that, she saved our lives," she tried to reason with him.

"Who's going to save our lives now? We'll never make it out of here," Sokka tsked irritated as well.

"That's all any of you guys care about, yourselves," Aang stormed off a little.

"You don't care if appa is okay or not," he threw his hands up.

"We're all concerned but we can't afford to be fighting like this," Katara tried again.

"I'm going after appa," Aang announced and left without another word.

"Aang wait!" Katara yelled as he took off on his glider.

"I'm sorry," Toph rasped with her head down.

"Don't apologize kid, we need to start moving though," Zuko patted the top of her head and looked at the sky trying to tell what time it is.

"Let's follow East," he pointed.

"Why?" Sokka frowned.

"If we follow where the sun rises we have a better chance to not get any more lost, East has to go somewhere," Zuko pulled Toph along so she didn't get left behind.

"He's right, we're the only people who know about the solar eclipse, we have to start walking," Katara followed them and a moment later her brother did too.

"Do you think if we dig out the giant owl he'll give us ride?" Sokka whined.

-

They walked for hours mostly in silence as Katara took the lead following East. They all had flushed cheeks and were sweating in the heat, exhausted from walking.

Sokka used momo to block the sun from his head and Toph accident bumped into him.

"Hey can't You see where-" he stopped himself as they all stopped in the sand.

"No, I can't," Toph huffed.

"Come on you guys, let's stick together and keep going," Katara wiped sweat from her forehead waiting for her brother.