Waters

Air escaped his throat as bubbles passed though his lips when he screamed, sinking into the ocean. He tried to yell, maybe it wasn't for help knowing who was above, maybe it was just for once for someone to hear him, for someone to hear his pleas and screams as he was in pain. The ropes burning against his skin trying to tug them off.

It was dark, it was cold, but it was quiet.

Is this was Lee felt when he was swallowed by the ocean? Marco? Don? Kai? Is this was they went through, to scream for live but have it stolen anyways? To feel this helpless? At least their hands weren't tied back but would it be worst if he was reaching and could never grasp to escape. Would it feel even more helpless if he could use his hands?

It hurt to breathe, his chest tightened as he choked when water forced its way into his body.

Is it better if he gave up?

Would it be easier?

Zuko closed his eyes tightly trying to burn through the ropes on his arms, was it working? He was so tired..

There was sudden release around his arms as the pressure of the ropes went away, he choked on the water again trying to swim with his feet kicking and hands clawing through the water. It hurt. His eyes burned.

Should he even bother? He was already this close to death, would it be better to just let the feeling keep going till it was gone? Would he see Lee again? His fallen brothers? His missing family? Would he feel free?

Zuko stopped for a moment as he could see the surface of the water but a boat passing over. What would he gain if he kept trying? What was the point?

BOOM

A hand grabbed the back of the boys neck as Zuko fell to the ground with a cry, he gasped seeing a earth bender forcing a Boulder over him. His eyes widened in horror as it began to drop, he rolled to the side before his skull was crushed.

Zuko got to his feet as he saw a sword go through the earth benders chest from behind, he dropped and Lee stood behind him taking his sword back.

"You okay?" Lee ran to the child as he pushed zukos helmet up to see his face better, there was a gash across his nose from the explosion, Zuko nodded but his ears rung still.

"I can't hear!" Zuko told him loudly and Lee flinched at another explosion in the back as he pulled Zuko close to get to the side.

"Are your ears ringing?" Lee asked gesturing to his own ears as he took zukos helmet off.

Zuko pursed his lips frustrated as he cupped his scarred ear and snapped his finger in his undamaged ear. Lee was about to stop him and Zuko closed his eyes and snapped faster but kept going.

"It's coming back, I'm fine," Zuko sighed a little, he covered his other ear and snapped in his scarred ear.

"Zuko?" Lee grabbed his wrist seeing disappointment in his eyes.

"I'm fine," he gulped but Lee snapped in zukos ear, Zuko almost missed what he did until he noticed Lee's hand was close to him.

"Oh I lost most of my hearing in that ear before, just finished the job," Zuko shrugged seeing Lee's concern.

"We have to go back, more earth soldiers are coming," he got up but Lee grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Go find other injured soldiers and take them to the infirmary, your ears are bleeding and that gash is going to get infected," Lee put the boys helmet back on as he looked at him.

"What I'm fine? I can still fight," Zuko pulled his hand back and curled them into fists.

"I gave you an order kid, get going," Lee snapped a little down at him but Zuko froze at the tone.

"You need to get yourself checked out, one more bad hit and your down for weeks, I need you to at least help the others," he put a hand on his shoulder and Zuko nodded softly.

"I'll meet you back after the battle, stay safe," Lee smirked gently and pushed the boys face away before running back into the battle.

Water splashed into zukos face as he gasped to consciousness with sand surrounding him. He bolted up and hacked and gagged with water spilling out of his mouth, rolling onto all fours throwing up harshly as he wheezed.

Tears dripped down his face as he panted for a breath, keeping his head down, his body shook.

Zuko sat back in the sand as the water was up to his stomach, he saw where the ship was, about half mile away thank the spirits. What has he done...

He couldn't go back...

"Fuck," Zuko covered his face.

"Fuck!" He screamed to the ocean.

His collar bone length hair stuck to him, it was so annoying, he hated his hair always touching him, getting in his way.

Zuko quickly gathered his hair into a low ponytail and quickly grabbed a sword to chop it off in one swipe. The clumps of hair dropped into the water and was eaten up into the ocean as he panted wide eyes with his hair falling back in his face.

He fell back in the water with his face being above the surface and stared up at the sky, the sun setting in the distance.

What has he done..

He fell right into Azula's trap, of course it was a trap, after all these years why would she change? Why would the perfect prodigy change? He was the one in the wrong, he couldn't stay the same.

He could hear something in the water that sounded like a person, Zuko closed his eyes hoping it was just an animal.

A foot nudged at his side and he was forced to open his eyes again. It was a boy that seemed his age, thick fluffy brown hair and olive skin.

"Yo are you dying?" The boy asked cocking his head to the side, noticing the red clothes and the fire nation ship in the distance.

"Are you fire nation?" He asked frowning. Zuko groaned a little and sat up and slicked his now short and soaked hair back out of his face.

"Colonies," Zuko lied.

"You know what's with the ship?" The boy squatted down in the water but made sure only his boots got wet.

"Yea I jumped," Zuko looked at him exhausted.

"Why?"

"I was a prisoner,"

Zuko could tell easily he wasn't fire nation, the mixed clothes that didn't represent any nation, a refugee maybe, or a rebel..

"What did you do?" The boy asked curiously.

"Stole, treason, so and so," he lied staring at the ship. He would have a wanted poster probably knowing his sister.

"Are you fire nation?"

"Colonies, my mothers earth kingdom, dad was fire nation," another easy lie.

The boy held out his hand to Zuko as he stood, he smirked playfully at the emotionless teen.

"Do you wanna get caught or whatcha waiting for?" He asked. Zuko stared at his hand for a moment but stood up on his own, the boy didn't seem to mind as his smile brightened.

"The names jet man, let's get you some better clothes and some food," jet patted his shoulder as Zuko put his swords away.

"Lee,"