Day of black sun : part 2

Zuko paled. He couldn't help but look at Katara as she looked at him, they both looked terrified.

"They knew," sokka stated realizing.

"It's over, the fire lord is probably long gone," Aang kept his head down ashamed that he failed.

"No," Zuko gulped. "He wouldn't go to far,"

"Zukos right, my instincts tell me he wouldn't go to far, he could have a secret bunker, somewhere safe during an invasion but close to lead his nation," Sokka put a hand on his chin thinking.

"If it's an underground bunker you're looking for in your girl," Toph finally spoke knowing she would be the best.

"The mechanist gave me this timing device, it looks like we have about ten minutes until the full eclipse, ten minutes to find the fire lord," Sokka told them.

"We can still do this, we can still win," Aang smiled knowing it wasn't over.

"Wait if they knew we were coming it could all be a trap, maybe we should use the time we have left to make sure we all get out of here safely," katara stopped them from going to far.

"Everyone who is here today came prepared to risk their life for this mission, they know what's at stake, if there is still a chance and there's still hope I think they'd want Aang to go for it," Hakoda cut in seeing Sokka indecisive.

"What do you think? You're the one that has to face him," Sokka turned to Aang. "What ever you decide I'm with you,"

"I've got to try," Aang told them seriously.

"Take appa and go, you don't have much time," katara nodded as they needed to get a move on.

Toph, Sokka and Aang quickly flew off as they left the troops. Katara sighed and stood to keep fighting.

"Zuko can you-" she turned but he wasn't there.

"Zuko?" She looked around confused. He was gone?

-

Zuko panted as he ran as fast as he could through the woods, they wouldn't make it, there was only so many places the fire lord would be. Maybe he'd be in the bunker but his father was smart.

Zuko stopped catching his breath as he stood at the edge of the valley where a cave was. He lit a flame in his palm and walked into the cave quickly. He soon saw torches that began to light the cave and saw the small door where the bunker would be. There was multiple entrances and exists.

His rage bubbling up as he clenched his fists tightly, Zuko let out a yell and kicked the door with a powerful blast of fire to have the door swing open.

A crowd of soldiers stood surprised seeing an intruder but Zuko was faster to take them out without a second thought.

He slammed the last one against the metal door with a gold frame and let the soldier fall with the others. He inhaled a deep breath collecting himself. There was only one person they'd be protecting.

Zuko opened the door and looked ahead.

There sat Ozai with other soldiers at his side while he was drinking a cup of tea.

"Prince Zuko?" A condescending voice hummed surprised noticing the boy.

"I was not expecting to see you today," Ozai set his cup on the tray and a servant came to take it away.

Zuko felt a heat leave his heart that only could mean the eclipse had started.

"Why are You here? You know your a wanted criminal by the fire nation," Ozai tilted his head to the side. Zuko could feel his father's eyes staring at the scar on his face. The mark he left last time they saw each other.