Cant catch a break

Katara sighed softly in a warm tub after the incredibly long day, the rich essential oils they were given surrounded her. They found appa, they fought against the dai lee, found the earth king and almost were found guilty for treason, showed the earth king all the proof long feng has been using him as a puppet in the war.

But they finally did it.

They found appa, long feng was arrested, they were ally's with the earth king to have his help in the invasion of the fire nation.

They had to go back tomorrow to speak to the earth king.

She couldn't help but think about Zuko though, over everything it rubbed her in the wrong way of how they left things. They were friends... yet they get so angry so fast with each other sometimes. She should apologize, or at least check on him. Or maybe he'll apologize.

"Katara?" Toph knocked on the door.

"Yea?" She was snapped out of her thoughts.

"Can I come in?" The blind girl asked.

"Yea go ahead," Katara steamed the room but Toph couldn't see her naked anyways.

"What's up?" She asked curiously.

"I have to tell you something," Toph gulped a little.

"I know You went somewhere and you know we fought the dai lee, but I should tell you about jet... he got injured pretty bad," she pursed her lips as Katara sat up more concerned.

"Is he alive?" Katara asked quietly.

"Truthfully I don't know, long shot said they would take care of him..." Toph told her and Katara didn't know how to react.

"Long feng got him pretty bad," she nodded.

"So he's..." Katara whispered.

"I'm really not sure," Toph gulped.

"Are you okay?" She asked worried.

Toph shrugged. So much happened in one day. Toph was a child overall.

"If You need to talk about it come find me," Katara nodded.

"Are You going to be okay?" Toph offered back.

"I'll be okay," she smiled sadly and Toph nodded.

Katara waited for her to leave before pulling her knees to her chest and sat there for a minute. She didn't know if she should cry, she was sad of coursed he didn't deserve to die young. Jet died... and she wasn't there to help? Could she have saved him? She can't believe he's dead...

Katara submerged under the water and stayed there to clear her head. She just couldn't catch a break.

-

"Good morning ma'am," Katara waved walking into hais shop while the old woman was serving. It was early in the morning so she could still get back to her friends soon to go see the earth king today.

"Oi not now, that good for nothing brat is on my last nerve," hai grumbled as a few customers looked nervous around her.

"Lee isn't here?" Katara asked confused. Since when did he miss work?

"No he's not here! And I can't make it up the stairs to his apartment so I can't even drag his ass here," the old woman scoffed annoyed.

"Is something wrong? Didn't he come back last night?" She didn't understand.

"I don't want to talk about it, he was talking all sort of nonsense," hai sighed finally and looked up at Katara.

"Go check to see if he's home for me? My hips are barely making it up my own stairs," hai asked tiredly and Katara slowly nodded.