Trying to heal

Zuko listened to hai rant and lecture him for the night and morning while he swept and cleaned the shop barely speaking back. It was all about him being irresponsible and how she didn't have to take in a destructive brat like him.

Zuko kept his eyes down and zoned out not even realizing hai stopped talking an hour ago.

"Lee," she barked and he looked at her confused.

"Eat, breakfast," hai pointed to the fruit and bean bun on the table with tea.

"We're talking," she said firmly.

"You've been talking all morning," Zuko mumbled.

"Yea yea yea, but now your gonna respond," she tapped the table again and he sat anyways.

"To what?" He ate a piece of fruit.

"Are you a fire bender or not?" she raised a brow.

"Not," Zuko looked at her.

"And fire nation?" She asked again.

"I'm not," Zuko said calmly. She smiled a little and nodded at that.

"Alright, that's all I need to know," hai didnt press much more.

"Besides, your uncle told me all I needed to know," she shrugged and Zuko gulped a little. She knew.

"Should I be expecting the dai lee at my door?" He sighed taking a bite of the bean bun.

"Then i never would've had an employee, don't be stupid," she waved him off and Zuko pursed his lips. She's known since the beginning.

"I have to go get a new door now, I'll see you tomorrow kid," she told him.

"Oh, and here's some money, I'm so sick of you always looking stressed and depressed, go to the spa or something," hai rolled her eyes setting the money in front of him.

Zuko finished his breakfast and went out where the door use to be but saw a flash of blue in the corner of his eye.

"Woooow what happened here?" Katara saw the broken door and wall as she walked over here.

"Some crazy guy?" She asked as if she never met him before.

"Super crazy, must be my terrible customer service," Zuko nodded looking back at the tea shop.

"Hai gave me an ear full for the past twelve hours, I don't wanna hear it," he crossed his arms.

"Why are You here? It's still morning," he looked at her confused.

"Everyone is out doing their own things, Aang went to the zoo to find appa maybe and Sokka went to the university, I might have to go find Toph later to see if she needs bail," Katara shrugged a little.

"That's weird, thought you were all attached to the hip or holding hands," he walked off and she stuck around.

"I'm going to be stuck with them soon enough, I'm just.. not use to being alone for that long so I went for a walk," she offered with a kind smile. Zuko went to the market anyways seeing she wasn't going anywhere.

"I mean I don't have work today now... what does some one do in their free time?" Zuko asked curiously not sure what to do with himself.

"What do you do for fun?" Katara asked.

"Nothing,"

She snorted a little covering her mouth but she knew he was probably serious also.

"I'm not laughing, it just I should've saw that one coming, your not exactly all smiles and giggles that likes to knit in his free time," she snickered and he rolled his eyes.