The painted lady

"Hey ow!" Toph snapped awake as Zuko tripped over her as he ran past appa, he fell to his knees hurling and coughing harshly behind a Boulder while the others started to wake up.

"What's going on?" Aang rubbed his eyes looking around confused.

"I don't think sparky has a migraine anymore," Toph made a face of disgust.

"What's a migraine?" Aang asked yawning.

Toph got up to check on their friend as he was breathing heavy and leaning against the moss covered Boulder now. Keeping his hand over his mouth to not throw up again.

"Uh oh," Toph stood over him.

"Don't," he glared back wiping the sweat off his face.

"Kataraaaaa," she smiled calling back.

"Huh? What happened?" The water bender tied her hair in its half up style as she walked over to them.

"Someone's doing worse today," Toph grinned deviously as Zuko stared daggers at her betrayal.

"Zuko your burning up," Katara touched his forehead now concerned more.

"I'm fine your over reacting, I think it was something I ate," Zuko pushed her hand off him.

"I knew that fish was bad from the pollution," Katara huffed. She heard appa groaning as well and went to check on him next.

"Aww Appa are You sick too?" She cooed touching his big nose kindly.

"What?! Appa can't be sick!" Sokka bolted from the saddle he was sleeping in and ran over.

"Wow, you're so caring," Zuko gave a thumbs up from the ground, unamused.

"Of course I care, I might as well throw our whole schedule away now!" Sokka ripped out his scroll to look at it frantically. Everyone gave him a look of annoyance.

"And I care about our two best buddys aren't feeling well," Sokka pet appa dramatically  but no one paid him any mind for the act.

"Him swimming in that water was probably no good either," Toph agreed crossing her arms.

"He doesn't look sick, you okay buddy?" Aang opened the bisons mouth and they saw his tongue was purple.

"that can't be good," Aang gasped and Katara looked over at Zuko.

"Stick your tongue out," she ordered. He did with a straight face.

"Katara can you heal them?" Aang asked concerned.

"They'll need medicine," she shook her head. "Maybe we can find the right herbs in town?"

"I'm not going this time," Zuko them quickly, he covered his mouth trying to fight his nausea. They waited and it turned into a false alarm.

"Yea You stay here with the other sicky, we'll be back with something hopefully," Sokka looked disgusted as he backed up slowly with Aang and Toph who didn't want to get sick either.

"You okay to stay alone?" Katara sighed worried.

"How long will it take?" He groaned holding his head.

"Two hours? Maybe three?" She tilted her head to the side.

"I'll try sleeping it off, I'll be fine," he stood up with a wobble.

"Yea rest while you can, there should be clean water too," Katara gulped a little and went to catch up with the others.

Zuko watched them leave and let out a heavy sigh.