Sides

"That's the fifth fire nation ship we've passed," Sokka noticed in the distance the red flag on the boat.

"They're probably all going to the earth kingdom," Jet crossed his arms glaring at the ships of the enemy.

"If your so worried about them just take one," Zuko was crouched down petting momo.

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy.

"What?"

"Anyways..." bato changed the subject as everyone was chatting amongst each other but Sokka was quiet for once, deep in thought as he stared at the fire nation ship in the distance.

"So how hard do you think it would be?" Sokka tilt his head to the side as he stood next to Zuko.

"To do what?" Zuko looked at him.

"To take a fire nation ship? What would you do to take one?" He raised a brow curiously.

"Send Toph," the fire bender said obviously.

Sokka perked at the thought, could the three of them take a fire nation ship? They had an advantage. Middle of the sea, no back up for the fire nation, they had a water bender even... would Katara be on board? He could convince Jet to help even. If they had fire nation colors they wouldn't be at risk for an ambush.

"I have an idea," Sokka grinned.

"I'm listening," Zuko was interested.

"Are you two-three- all of you fucking crazy?" Jet was told the plan as Toph was in on it already, Zuko stood behind Sokka who explained to Jet and Katara.

"I don't want to agree with Jet but a whole fire nation ship?" Katara asked unsure a little.

"Listen you, Zuko and Toph are the only benders with us, and we easily could take a ship, Zuko knows those ships and where to strike, the fire nation wouldn't bother us," Sokka elaborated hopeful.

"I'm saying we take appa, swim over to the next ship, Katara, Toph and Jet you stay above taking out the soldiers while Zuko and I take down the captain," he smiled more at the plan.

"What do we do with the captives?" Jet sighed.

"Don't worry about the captives," Zuko put a finger against his own lips looking to calm.

"Katara we just need you to make this 100% full proof," he looked at her instead.

"Alright let's go, when?" She smiled back.

"During the day," Sokka told her.

"Are you dumb? Why during the day?" Jet scoffed not understanding at all still.

"The flares the fire nation send as a help signal is brighter during the night, if they get to it when we attack less of a chance anyone else will see," Zuko rolled his eyes.

"It's almost noon, should we tell dad?" Katara asked looking at the sun.

"If nosy Nancy here tattles, he'll find out soon," Toph motioned to Jet.

"I said I was here to help you fight, I'm in," Jet frowned.

"Good, I'll tell dad we're going for an errand," Katara smiled spinning around.

"I'll get the bison," Zuko gave a thumbs up as they all broke off to their mission.

Jet followed Zuko to appa as the two boys knew there was tension but Zuko did his best to ignore the other.

"Are you and Katara together?" Jet finally asked.

"Huh?" Zuko looked at him annoyed.

"Dating, together, romantic, are You guys together?" He asked firmly. Zuko tilted his head to the side.