Darkest day

Sokka was in defeat on the ground as Aang and Katara were on lookout for the owl but one of the knowledge foxes came over by them wanting their attention.

"Uh hello.. little weird fox guy?" Sokka turned to him and it turned around in a pointing position.

"It seems its trying to assist you," professor zei looked at it curiously.

"Sure I guess I'll follow you," Sokka sent Zuko a glance unsure when they followed the fox.

They ran across the library and saw a giant circle that was made out of gold and basically was as tall as the wall, it could fit five appas in the golden circle. The fox ran into a tiny hole in the wall and a moment later the golden circle moved to the size creating an entrance where the fox waited on the other side for them.

They walked in suspiciously when the fox went ahead to the center table of the room, pushing on a lever to activate the room. Their guard was up when the room shifted and the ceiling of the room turned into stars that moved one way. Everyone was in awe of the contraption that made the stars, moon and sun move.

"This room is a true marvel, a mechanical marvel," the professor breathed as they watched.

"It's a planetarium that shows the heavens moving!" He exclaimed grabbing zukos sleeve in excitement. While the fire bender frowned at the touch, backing away to get his space back.

"Uhh this is beautiful but how is it helpful?" Sokka looked at the two behind him and his sister and avatar. The stars shifted and it looked like the day in the room as the sun was above them.

"Maybe these dials represent dates and times," Katara looked at the table that was center of the room.

"Sokka try entering the date from that parchment You took," she pointed over.

"Shh Katara not in front of the fox, he's with the owl," Sokka hushed her frantic and sent the fox a glare. The foxes ears went down with a whine.

They continued anyways as Sokka read the date and time of the paper then started to move the dials to the date while the machines moved the sun and moon around when he pushed the lever down.

"Wow I gotta hand it to ya, You picked the best mini vacations Sokka," Aang stared at the false sky above.

Till the sky was day time and the room was dimmed, they all looked at the sun only to see it was covered by the moon.

"Wait what happened to the sun?" Katara frowned looking over.

"Great you must've broken it," Aang pouted.

"No, it's not broken, the sun is hidden behind the moon so that must mean it's a solar eclipse!" Sokka gasped turning to Zuko who looked panicked for a minute.

"It's literally the darkest day in fire nation history," he smiled brightly.

"Something awful happened on that day, I don't know what but I do know why!" Sokka shook Aang in excitement.

"What does that mean?" Katara asked looking at the older boys.

"Fire benders loose their bending on the solar eclipse," Zuko crossed his arms.

"That makes sense, the lunar eclipse in the North Pole made the water benders loose their bending," Katara nodded understanding. "This is huge,"

"We've got to get this information to the earth king at ba sing se, we'll wait for the next eclipse then we'll invade the fire nation when they're totally helpless," Sokka put his hand on aangs shoulder.

"The fire lord is going down!" He laughed at having the upper hand for once.

Katara couldn't help but look over at Zuko to see if she could read his face. He was looking at the dial in the center but his face was emotionless. He was listening to every word they had to say.