Partings

"How was it seeing your dad again?" Aang smiled walking with Zuko as they followed the trail as a group.

"My dad?" Zuko looked at him disgusted.

"Xai? Isn't your family a few higher ranks?" Aang rubbed his neck awkwardly from getting it wrong.

"Uh yea they are but Xai isn't my dad, he's been in charge of me since I was thirteen, he's my commander over all," Zuko shrugged with his hands in his pockets.

"Do you miss him?" Aang smiled again.

".. no, I don't try to get attached to people," he looked ahead following Sokka who took the lead.

"He misses him, he's lying," Toph teased.

"It's okay to miss people Zuko, we miss our dad who's in the war," Katara motioned to her and her brother.

"Is he just a solider?" Zuko raised his brow.

"No he's in charge of them, the chief of the southern water tribe," she smiled kindly.

"Your dads the chief?!" His jaw dropped shocked.

"Yep, left with all the men in the tribe to fight, sokkas the oldest male in our tribe," she giggled at his expressions.

"So your like prince and princess?" Zuko was baffled.

"I like to think so," Sokka grinned while flexing his arms.

"No, we're not, there's none of that in our little village," Katara pushed her brother to stop his childish flexing.

"Technically you kind of are royalty?" Aang blushed a little looking at her.

"Wow what a group of misfits we are," Toph held her hands behind her head as she walked.

"Hello there fellow refugees!" A new voice called to them.

Zuko and Sokka looked annoyed seeing three new people. That's just going to slow them down.

"Hi there," Aang waved.

"Are you guys going to ba sing se too?" He asked as they all stopped.

"Sure are, we're trying to get there before my wife Ying has her baby," the man held the woman's hand as she looked heavily pregnant.

"Great we can travel through serpents pass together," Katara offered. Sokka and Zuko groaned more annoyed together.

The group of three looked horrified by Kataras offer.

"Only the truly desperate travel thst deadly route," ying quaked.

"Deadly route? Great pick Sokka," Toph snorted shaking her head.

"Well we are desperate," Sokka didn't understand.

"You should come with us to full moon bay, ferries take refugees across the lake, it's the fastest way to ba sing se," the husband explained calmly as he eased his wife's worries.

"And it's hidden so the fire nation can't find it," yings sister said in a soft voice.

"Peaceful ferry ride or deadly pass?" Katara smirked sarcastically. Everyone started to travel again heading to the ferries as the avatar gang followed the new refugees from the back.

"I think I almost robbed these guys?" Zuko whispered to Toph.

Two earth benders lead the group through a tunnel and bended an exit into the cavern that had crowds of refugees that could've been in the hundreds, as well as boats that exited the cavern to the bay that would take them to ba sing si.