Cross roads

-3 hours earlier-

"Katara is fine, You have nothing to worry about," the earth king told Sokka, Aang and Toph as they all returned to the city before they could even really start their individual journeys.

"But in my vision, I felt so sure that she was in trouble," Aang stepped forward concerned. He saw in a vision when he was with a guru that Katara was in danger and captured or imprisoned by someone. She was yelling for help.

"Well she met with the council of generals to plan the invasion, and since then she's been with your friend and the kyoshi warriors," the king explained remembering what he was told when the scroll was delivered to him.

"See Aang, she's with lee and Suki," Sokka smiled relieved to hear his sister wasn't in trouble. When Aang came to him first thing in the morning with bad news, he couldn't stop worrying about leaving his sister alone.

"They're all probably back at our apartment now, zu-lee is probably having the time of his life being surrounded by pretty girls and they're all probably drooling over the pretty boy," he scoffed.

"Pretty boy?" Toph questioned.

"Listen I'm a handsome guy so I'm not worried about Suki but those other girls, yea I've seen the guys on kyoshi and none of them come close to mine or lees good looks," Sokka grinned confidently, Aang and Toph looked annoyed.

"What I'm trying to say is that Aang is worried over nothing," he waved them off.

"Believe me, if there was danger at all boscos animal instincts would sense it," the earth king agreed as he cooed down at his pet bear.

The three flew on appa back to the apartment to see if the girls were still there.
They went inside but it was dark and empty like no one's been there since they left.

"There's no one else here," Toph confirmed.

"Katara is in trouble, I knew it," Aang told them again now for sure.

Sokka felt his heart drop, he left her alone to be with their father and now she's in trouble, how could he let this happen?

"Wait someone's at the door," Toph pointed behind them.

"Actually it's one of ours," she said surprised and went to open the door.

"Glad to know you made it," Toph said before the person could even knock.

"Jet?!" Aang and Sokka yelled surprised. Jet stood there startled but had momo on his shoulder.

"I think somethings wrong, this is yours," Jet grabbed momos scruff and handed him back to the avatar.

"I thought the dai lee killed you," sokkas jaw dropped.

"Nope but they got me pretty good," Jet lifted his shirt and the two boys cringed seeing the dark and deep bruising covering jets entire torso.

"No dead," he winked.

"So what are you doing here then? Is smeller bee and long shot with you?" Aang asked but he was relieved that their 'friend' was alive.

"Long shot said he saw Kataras friend get swiped by the dai lee, I came to make sure it wasn't one of you... but she's not here?" Jet noticed it was only three not four.

"That means.. they got Zuko," Toph said softly. Something was very wrong.

"Who's that?" He made a face.

"A friend we found in the city while back, he came with us to the earth king before we all left," Sokka crossed his arms trying to figure out how they found out about Zuko.