Hunter

On a hotter day of traveling the group took a break of flying and settled to camp sooner, where they were in a deep water cavern where Aang immediately went swimming and they had a little beach day to relax and stretch, despite Zuko thinking it was ridiculous.

He sat in the shade reading his letter and the scroll the masters gifted to him. Zukos eyes flickered up at Aang once in a while when he made a loud splash, they were distant for the last few days. Zuko seemed to shut down more often and became silent while they flew. Everyone noticed and started to worry as if they made no progress in the fire benders trust.

Katara swam around but kept an eye on Zuko as well, she noticed his focus was on Aang, like his guard was up again. She didn't understand if they got in a fight or if Aang was careless with his words for empathy.

She looked at her brother and motioned for him to check at Zuko, Sokka shook his head but Katara glared. She groaned and swam over to see why Zuko was isolating himself.

"You gonna come in for a swim?" Katara kicked her feet behind her and propped up her elbows on the edge.

"No," Zuko was busy reading some scroll.

"What's got you all grumpy?" She tilted her head to the side.

They both heard Aang holler in excitement as they all watched Aang disappear down a water tunnel like it was a slide and no one stopped him.

"Did you yell at Aang?" Katara raised a brow seeing the annoyed look on zukos face.

"He was getting to nosy," Zuko scoffed.

"Oh come in the water, it feels great to just float around," she splashed at him a little with a goofy grin.

"I-" Zuko cut himself off and looked embarrassed. "I gotta study,"

"Study?!" Sokka burst out laughing overhearing.

"Study what? The next exam?" Toph snorted as Zuko covered his face.

"No my fire bending teacher sent piandao scrolls for me to study next level," Zuko sighed giving in.

"Oh can I see?" Sokka ran over as Katara got out of the pool curiously.

"Careful idiots these are made by my teacher," Zuko hissed when Sokka tried to grab the scroll.

"Your fire bending teacher? These look like water bender moves," Katara looked over his other shoulder.

"He use to travel, his technique is only made by him, not even fire lord Ozai or Azula knows about these moves," Zuko rolled up the scroll not wanting it to get wet but Katara saw the title.

"Zuko.. that says lightening bending?" She gulped. He was silent.

"Lightening? Like Azula? Your master wants you to bend lightening?!" Sokkas jaw dropped sitting with Zuko now as Toph joined them. "This is amazing! It'll be like tophs metal bending!"

"Seems intense, can't that kill you?" Toph asked curiously.

"Nah it can't kill him since he's the bender, like fire can't burn him either," Sokka waved it off.

"I-um.. the scar on my face is from fire? Lightening and fire are just as dangerous to us," Zuko mumbled looking down and Katara punched her brother in the arm hard.

"Ow!"

"Good! That was rude,"

Zuko seemed to relax a little more when Katara handled her brothers ignorance and Sokka seemed to regret his choice of words now.

"Is.. lightening as dangerous to you though?" Katara inhaled deeply when she asked.

"It is," he nodded.