Cheats

"Okay I'm ready for some training," Aang tied his headband around his eyes to blindfold him. Katara and Toph stood on opposite sides of him without saying a word, Toph moved first to throw the first attack.

For the past week there's been tension between the two girls of the group, fighting over aangs training, chores, even little things like misplacing items. It's been constant and getting worse, the two always bugged heads before here and there but it was starting to affect Aang now with his training.

But todays training was suppose to focus on Aang and within the five minutes it started the girls began to bicker and soon enough tackled to fight more physically.

"Hungry for a mud pie?" Toph kicked a ball of mud in Kataras face as they tussled in the mud pit that was created by their two elements.

"I'll give you a mud pie!" Katara wiped her face and used her bending to move the water in the mud to knock Toph back.

They were about to tackle again to wrestle without their own bending before Zuko coughed to get their attention. Aang stood next him confused.

"Oi," he called with his arms crossed.

"I thought we were suppose to be training me?" Aang raised his hand while Zuko didn't look amused.

"I think we've had enough training for today," Katara inhaled a breath to calm down and flicked the mud off her cheek.

She glared at Toph and went to go clean up alone.

"While sugar queen cleans up let's go have some real fun," Toph bended the mud off her and jumped out of the mud.

"Yay!" Sokka and Aang cheered wanting to go down to the village.

"You joining us sparky or are you staying at the fussy britches camp ?" Toph grinned at Zuko deviously.

-

"Wow look at all those messenger hawks, ya know I've been thinking about getting one for myself," Sokka had his sword on his shoulders and his hands rested on each side.

"I wouldn't have to talk to anyone! I could just send them messages," he beamed brightly.

"If we were only so lucky," Zuko rolled his eyes.

"So guys what are we going to get with out last silver piece?" Aang held up the last of their money.

"I could trade in these rings I swiped for some more money," Zuko pulled some jewelry out of his pocket.

"You stole?!" Sokka hissed surprised.

"I steal like all the time?" He shrugged.

"Since when?" Aang turned around never noticing.

"Like since I became a refugee?" Zuko tilted his head to the side.

"I knew, I felt it the last few villages when he'd swipe from peoples pockets or tables," Toph smiled proudly.

"We can trade those or we can do something a bit more exciting," she stopped in her tracks.

"What?" Aang looked over his shoulder.

"Gamble," she pointed across the street to a man that had three cups and a table.

"This is where you seeing people are at a disadvantage, everyone guessed wrong because the dealer moves the rock at the last minute.. but I can feel it with my earth bending," Toph lead them to the crowd of the 'game' while people watched the man guess where the rock was and of course was wrong.

Not noticing Zuko silently swiping a small coin pouch off a stranger that was leaving.

"You there," the man in charge of the 'game' pointed at the teens.

"Wanna play a friend game?" He smirked at Toph.

"How could I possibly play? I'm blind," Toph touched her cheek innocently.

"You don't have to see to be lucky," the man patted the table for her to join the game. Toph clumsily got down to the ground and touched ahead to get closer to the table.

When she placed the coin on the table the man opened all the cups to show the single pebble, then set one cup on top of it then set the other two cups down. And soon started switching them around while the boys stood behind the blind girl.

Toph seemed confident when she pointed to the cup when it was her turn to guess.

"Flamey o Toph," Aang cheered impressed.

"I gotta say your amazing at this," the gambling man agreed and gave the kids some money for the win.

"Would You like to make the game a little more interesting?" He grinned at the little girl.

"More interesting? How?" Toph played clueless.

"Well let's say you toss in your friends fine sword there," the man pointed at sokkas space sword. "Then I'll put up 20 silver pieces against it, and that's more interesting,"

"I'll do it for 40," Toph grabbed sokkas sword and set it on the ground next to her.

"40 silver pieces it is," the man agreed. No idea who he was up against.

Then the second round started, the cups being switched around faster than before.

When it ended, Toph pointed at the cup and the man smiled more.

"Sorry little lady-" he was cut off seeing the pebble was under the correct cup.

"I won!" Toph screamed In joy. She grabbed the money and Sokka grabbed his sword before they sprinted away laughing.

"We scammed that guy so fuckin good!" Toph laughed loudly as they were out of the village and walking back to the camp later.
Everyone's arms full of supplies from the money they previously earned.

"Where did you guys get the money to buy all this stuff?" Katara saw them coming back as she was making dinner already.

"Toph got us money," Aang ate an apple from the market.

"She scammed one of those guys in town who moved the shell cups all around, Zuko didn't even have to steal when we were there," Aang sat with her.

"Oh yea? What's in his pockets then?" Toph smirked over at Zuko who was eating his own apple.

"I like my own spending money, arrest me," Zuko pouted and tossed the pouch he stole to the piles of supplies.

"Youre still stealing?!" Katara cried out.

"Chill out mom," Toph scoffed waving her off.

"I'm just saying, stealing and cheating isn't something we should make a habit of doing," Katara sighed shaking her head.

"Why? Because it's fun and you hate fun?" Toph shot back.

"I don't hate fun," the water bender frowned.

"Alright, Katara I'll personally make you an avatar promise that we won't make a habit of doing these scams," Aang lifted his headband to show his arrow before bowing to her in promise.

The next day they immediately went back to stealing and scamming.