Ice

"It's almost twilight admiral, as your military consultant I must advise you to halt your attack," iroh walked into zhao's chambers as he watched through the window the fire balls that attacked the icy tribe.

"The water benders draw their power from the moon, it is nearly going to be full tonight, you should wait and resume the attack at day break," he told the admiral sternly hoping the middle aged man would listen.

"I'm well aware of the moon problem, and I am working on a solution... but for now day break it is," zhao agreed with a scowl on his face.

"Let Zuko and his team know their mission is still going, he has until sunrise till we attack again," he looked at iroh sharply.

-

"If you are fishing for an octopus my nephew you need a tightly woven net or he will squeeze through the tiniest hole and escape," iroh walked into side room where Zuko was prepping small canoe and waited for his other men.

"I don't need your wisdom right now uncle," Zuko kept his back to him. He didn't know when marco and cho would be back, he had to stay quiet.

"I'm sorry, I just nag at you because-well ever since I lost my son..." iroh gulped a little and zukos face softened turning to him.

"You don't have to say it uncle," Zuko pursed his lips.

"I see you as my own," iroh choked a little on his voice and zukos chest tightened.

"I know uncle," he whispered.

"I regret that day letting you leave, I've never forgiven myself, I've thought about you every day, prayed to the spirits for your safety, I'm sorry prince Zuko," iroh looked up at him with glossy eyes, zukos throat burned as he looked at his uncle.

"I never blamed you," Zuko admitted quietly.

"You come back after your mission, I'm taking you home," iroh grabbed his arm desperately but Zuko shook his head.

"I can't, you know I can't," Zuko rasped but jumped when cho and marco came back in the room.

"We'll meet again," he bowed a little to him as the two men got in the canoe. "After I have the avatar,"

Zuko joined in the middle of the canoe as they started to lower it to the water as the moon was above them shining bright.

"Remember your breath of fire, it could save your lives," iroh told them quickly and Zuko looked up from the boat as marco and cho lowered it from the sides.

"Yes sir," Zuko forced himself to say.

"And put your hoods up, keep your ears warm," iroh said again in a small panic. Zuko smiled a little up at him with a nod.

They landed in the water and immediately started to paddle, not wasting any time, Zuko shivered a little and put his hood up.

"General iroh is such a nice guy, like a friendly grandpa," marco hummed a little as he sat in the back paddling.

"Yea, he seems to know you Zuko, have you met?" Cho glanced back at him suspicious.

"He knew my uncle back in the day," Zuko nodded keeping a calm voice as he paddled.

"So what's the plan?" Marco asked pulling his hood up as well, they were getting close.

"We're going into the city, we have to be careful and we don't know where the avatars going to be," Zuko stopped paddling to think clearer.

"They have to have pipes, and pipes have to come from somewhere," he looked at the wall as they got closer.

"Like omashu," marco smiled.