Grudges

"Are you okay?" Sokka joined Zuko on deck as they sailed on the fire nation ship now, they both wore fire nation uniforms the soldiers once wore. They wanted to blend in while Katara and Toph wore a brown cloak to cover their clothes since they didn't fit into the armor that was suppose to fit grown men.

"Why?" Zuko frowned.

"Just checking in, curious with you being back in uniform and on the ship," Sokka shrugged but Zuko glared at him instead.

" 'm Fine," he rolled his eyes.

"I'm really glad we did this, with just some kids we actually can do so much," Sokka continued anyways as he leaned against the railing looking over the waters.

"We're not kids," Zuko said flatly.

"Yea we are," he smiled at the fire bender.

"Technicalities," the scarred boy huffed.

"Do we have a plan?" Zuko raised a brow at him.

"The world thinks the avatar is dead, this is a good start to recover from the fall of the earth kingdom," Sokka nodded slowly.

"We can't afford another lose, this is the time to gather our strength for the next big fight," he looked at Zuko, seeing if he had any reaction, seeing if he would disagree.

"The invasion, day of black sun," Zuko pursed his lips.

"Exactly, if Aang doesn't wake up by then it's not like we can reschedule the invasion," Sokka groaned rubbing his forehead stressfully.

"I'm glad we're both being realistic," the soldier agreed.

"You don't think he'll wake up?" Sokka was a little surprised.

"I think he will but Aang was hit with lightening in the back, his spine, even when he wakes up who knows what state he's going to be in, lightening is dangerous," Zuko furrowed his brows and looked up over his shoulder to make sure Katara wasn't listening.

Sokka almost forgot Zuko was the one with them when Aang was struck, he was there with Katara, he stayed and fought even if it meant risking his life, he saw Aang almost lose his life. He's been by Kataras side since it's all happened.

"Did Jay say anything to you before you sent him and the others off with your tribe?" Zuko ran a hand through his hair.

"Haha... funny you ask, he said you find pranks funny," Sokka smiled brightly at him and Zuko glared back.

"I don't,"

"Something about bug pranks?" Sokka offered and Zuko paused.

He covered his mouth and hid his face looking down again, sokkas smile grew, it was true. Somehow just mentioning almost made Zuko smile.

"It happened once," Zuko shook his head keeping his hand over his mouth.

"Good to know," Sokka laughed a little more.

"I don't know how you pulled this off Sokka but I gotta say I'm proud that you did," Hakoda walked over to the younger men as he wore fire nation armor now. Interrupting the teens conversation.

"It was actually zukos idea," Sokka slapped his friends shoulder.

"It was just a thought not an actual idea," Zuko crossed his arms awkwardly.

"That's our Zuko, little war machine knows the enemy like the back of his hand," Sokka wrapped an arm around him as Zuko looked distressed.

"Don't call me that," he tried to escape sokkas grip but was stuck.

"You seem pretty smart kid, we need brains like you," Hakoda patted the top of each boys head with a proud smile. It made Zuko stop struggling.

"You boys coming?" He smiled back at them and waved them over.

Katara finished her healing session while Toph kept her company in the room, Aang laid in bed breathing evenly but made no signs to wake up soon. Katara felt helpless watching him like he was asleep but who knows when he would wake up?

"Is everything okay?" Jet knocked on the door peaking in.

"We're fine, how's the tribe?" Katara looked up surprised as Toph yawned tiredly.

"Settled in, everyone's changed into fire nation uniforms," Jet addressed to himself in uniform. "I feel very very uncomfortable in the enemies colors,"

"You wanted to be here, no one asked you to stay," Katara rolled her eyes annoyed.

"Ouch," Toph grinned.

"As much as I'd love to be in the middle of this new hate friendship you have again, I have to be anywhere else," the blind girl walked between them and Katara stared at her in betrayal.

"I thought we moved past it all?" Jet sighed.

"What can I say? I hold grudges," Katara shrugged and left the room but Jet stopped her from leaving to go back to the deck.

"Don't go yet," Jet begged.

"What do you want?" She frowned crossing her arms.

"I want to know why you hate me again, it can't really be because of that fire bender?" He narrowed his eyes confused. She looked away and Jet noticed blush on her face.

"Do you like him or something?" His jaw dropped.

"We're friends, I like him as a person," Katara covered her mouth keeping her eyes down.

"His people kills our people, why is he so easy to forgive then? I was only going to kill fire nation back then," Jet groaned frustrated.

"It's different, that was innocent people," she looked disappointed by him.

"Your mom was innocent, my parents were innocent, his people did that," Jet pushed a little more.

"I can defend Zuko all day but that doesn't change anything, Jet we're not friends we're just ally's, we're on the same side so why don't you just be pleasant and do what you said you'd do," Katara waved him off getting sick of the conversation.

"I guess, if You can't forgive me for my past regrets then I can't forgive you for him, but here we are in an alliance," Jet nodded slowly.

"I guess so," she sighed. "Can I go now?"

"Whatever," he huffed and Katara walked as fast as she could to find anyone else. Why did she ever have a crush on this guy? Jet was rude and ignorant and weirdly obsessed with Zuko. He was the first guy she had a crush on and stupidly enough to let Jet be her first kiss. What a mistake.

"I'm so stupid," she groaned with a hand over her head.